What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon and avocado salad with tomatoes, feta and thinly sliced red onions, vinaigrette dressing. Cornbread with corn nibs, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno, red onion, nigella seeds, feta and cheddar from Ottolenghi's Simple. It definitely wasn't what I would call a simple cornbread, but we both thought it was pretty tasty.

Last edited:
Bacon and avocado salad with tomatoes, feta and thinly sliced red onions, vinaigrette dressing. Cornbread with cumin, cayenne, jalapeno, red onion, nigella seeds, feta and cheddar from Ottolenghi's Simple. It definitely wasn't what I would call a simple cornbread, but we both thought it was pretty tasty.

I love aunt Martha's cornbread, do you get that one? My friend sends it to me. Great with butter.!!

Russ

My second attempt at Beef Wellington. Currently wrapped and chilling in the fridge for tomorrow.

Beef-Wellington.gif

The Beef Wellington cooked and served. Unfortunately a little too close to medium for me but it tasted good. However, it's a lot of work to prepare and cook so I'll maybe just stick with the plain steak in future.

With Bisto gravy.

As previously, I cocked up the transfer from the cooking surface to the serving plate.

The Beef Wellington cooked and served. Unfortunately a little too close to medium for me but it tasted good. However, it's a lot of work to prepare and cook so I'll maybe just stick with the plain steak in future.

With Bisto gravy.

As previously, I cocked up the transfer from the cooking surface to the serving plate.

It does look rather splendid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom