What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't come across "coffee in chilli" before but I've encountered advocates of "chocolate in chilli". I've not tried either though.
Both work surprisingly well but curiously I found that instant coffee (of UK/Aus kind) works better than fresh coffee (liquid or ground). I experimented when we had that coffee recipe challenge.

Both work surprisingly well but curiously I found that instant coffee (of UK/Aus kind) works better than fresh coffee (liquid or ground). I experimented when we had that coffee recipe challenge.

Because I "batch cook" chilli (between 1.5 and 3 kg of beef) I'm reluctant to experiment by changing my decades old recipe. However, my next "cook-in" I may separate one portion to cook with coffee added.

Yes - I found the same. Its more concentrated. I just add the instant coffee granules directly into the sauce.

Because I "batch cook" chilli (between 1.5 and 3 kg of beef) I'm reluctant to experiment by changing my decades old recipe. However, my next "cook-in" I may separate one portion to cook with coffee added.

I don't think you will regret it. You could easily add some coffee when you next re-heat a frozen portion. A teaspoon of instant will do the trick.

Sausage roll with roast potatoes and grass. Barbecue sauce to add.

sausage roll new s.jpg

Doesn't it need to be "cooked" in the chilli?
I'd dissolve out in a little hot water first and mix that in personally. Let it stand for a hour or warm it up really slowly to let it get into the chili properly. Just my thoughts.

Chocolate is also used in black mole sauce for chicken mole, but it isn't sweet chocolate.
A nice rich dark chocolate around the 80% works wonders. One without dairy in it for me for obvious reasons but I think without dairy in out would work best personally anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom