What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet potato fries
20190528_124216.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast: I made veggie burgers in the skillet, attempting to make something tasty with no need to taste like meat. It worked!

Black bean and spinach base, Mexican seasonings, egg to bind it together, placed on lettuce and dabbed with Dijon. I consider it to be a success.

veggie-burger-plate.jpg

Yes, sometimes I don't do breakfast for breakfast...

Breakfast: I made veggie burgers in the skillet, attempting to make something tasty with no need to taste like meat. It worked!

Black bean and spinach base, Mexican seasonings, egg to bind it together, placed on lettuce and dabbed with Dijon. I consider it to be a success.

View attachment 28184

Yes, sometimes I don't do breakfast for breakfast...

They look great!

IMG_0476.jpg

If it's a day ending in Y, it's a good day for chili. This one is oh so close to being vegan: I didn't add meat, but using rendered bacon to saute the onion and peppers disqualifies it. However, it's easy enough to use a vegetable oil instead. Only 170 calories for a bowl, not counting the sour cream and chips.

Unmatched corn chips and tortilla chips added for fun and crunch.

I decided on a second take at using coffee in my chili. This time, I brewed a pot of coffee and used that instead of adding a stock. The flavor is subtle, but it's there. Plus, when is the last time you had a bowl of chili and didn't feel a little bit sleepy afterward?

View attachment 28191

If it's a day ending in Y, it's a good day for chili. This one is oh so close to being vegan: I didn't add meat, but using rendered bacon to saute the onion and peppers disqualifies it. However, it's easy enough to use a vegetable oil instead. Only 170 calories for a bowl, not counting the sour cream and chips.

Unmatched corn chips and tortilla chips added for fun and crunch.

I decided on a second take at using coffee in my chili. This time, I brewed a pot of coffee and used that instead of adding a stock. The flavor is subtle, but it's there. Plus, when is the last time you had a bowl of chili and didn't feel a little bit sleepy afterward?

Delicious! I'd forgotten about using coffee in chilli - it really works well.

Those are the crispiest sweet potato fries I've ever seen!:okay: Are they homemade and if so, recipe please!

Those are the first sweet potato fries I've ever had! And they were fantastic indeed! Sorry, I ate them in a pub in London for lunch time today, no recipe :unsure:

Those are the crispiest sweet potato fries I've ever seen!:okay: Are they homemade and if so, recipe please!

We call sweet tatters here, kumara. It comes in different colours. Ours are store bought and oven cooked. They are really good. I've never made my own, and don't know why. I must remedy this soon. I will twice fry the same as plain potatoes.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom