What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast chicken wings and potato salad.

36788-albums1069-picture8006.jpg

Asparagus, smoked salmon and lumpfish caviar with parsley foam - I had a lot of fun creating the foam!

View attachment 28160

beautiful

My playing is amateur status at best. The flavor is there though.

Southwest shrimp with cilantro aioli.

I made a batch of emeril lagasse's southwest seasoning. A great, and light dish.

20190526_164940.jpg

What is white pizza? Not a familiar term in the UK...

No tomato sauce. It can have slices of tomato atop, but no tomato sauce.

The toppings weren't light/white in color, unless you count spinach green or the slices of red tomato to be "light". There was a LOT of spinach on that slice! (I should have snagged a photo, but didn't.)

Here's proof, if it were needed, that you can make a tasty and filling meal without spending a fortune. I'm always amazed by those people (and there are quite a few) who virtually live on takeaways and claim that they can't afford fresh food to cook. Even a small portion of chips costs something like £1.50 these days.

Maybe last week's dahl pasties had an influence. This dahl is made with brown lentils, some broad beans, plus some odds and ends of onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, chilli, garlic and ginger. I'm not about to attempt to work out what it cost, but I reckon one plate comes to less than that bag of chips.

dahl.jpg

We went to a burger place for lunch. Their burger of the month was "all in black garlic burger." Black garlic aioli, Angus beef burger, sauteed portabello slices, candied bacon and black truffle cheese.
2019-05-27 14.08.09.jpg

Craig had a 50/50 Angus/chorizo, roasted poblanos, manchego cheese, with a poblano lime aioli.

We went to a burger place for lunch. Their burger of the month was "all in black garlic burger." Black garlic aioli, Angus beef burger, sauteed portabello slices, candied bacon and black truffle cheese.
View attachment 28164

Craig had a 50/50 Angus/chorizo, roasted poblanos, manchego cheese, with a poblano lime aioli.
Looks delicious. I am a huge fan of chorizo burgers.

Here's proof, if it were needed, that you can make a tasty and filling meal without spending a fortune. I'm always amazed by those people (and there are quite a few) who virtually live on takeaways and claim that they can't afford fresh food to cook. Even a small portion of chips costs something like £1.50 these days.

Maybe last week's dahl pasties had an influence. This dahl is made with brown lentils, some broad beans, plus some odds and ends of onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, chilli, garlic and ginger. I'm not about to attempt to work out what it cost, but I reckon one plate comes to less than that bag of chips.

View attachment 28162

I've been saying this for years, I can make meals for like $3 to $5 and even cheaper in some cases. I recently made 36 chicken croquettes and froze. I worked out at the time they cost .60c each. 3 would be a meal. I make mince on toast for like $2.
People just don't cook like some of us.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom