What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooked up a lunch for me and a few mates on a motorbike trip today. Tandoori chicken wraps....was really happy with the result as were my mates.

P1050729fb.jpg

Breakfast- soft boiled eggs with a touch of salt, a banana, a couple mugs of coffee.

Lunch, on the road - a slice of white pizza topped with spinach, tomato & goat cheese. A slice of regular pizza topped with bacon and onion. Both sprinkled with hot pepper flakes and parmesan.

Down the road a bit... ice cream at a quality store: coffee and a very good strawberry scoop, in a cup.

Real seafood theme here. Craig I always thought the head of the crawfish had to be sucked on before discarding.

Russ

Lots of people do, including us, when they are freshly cooked. However, you can't freeze the head. There's too much fat and other stuff inside the head that will go rancid rather quickly, even in the freezer. Even with just the tails, you have to use them up within 3 months max or you run the chance of the fat going rancid.

Lots of people do, including us, when they are freshly cooked. However, you can't freeze the head. There's too much fat and other stuff inside the head that will go rancid rather quickly, even in the freezer. Even with just the tails, you have to use them up within 3 months max or you run the chance of the fat going rancid.

Understood!!

Russ

I have a friend who eats the whole heads on prawns. I don't go that far. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom