What did you cook or eat today (May 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nothing prepared or defrosted yesterday evening. Then found the chicken shop was closed, the noodle shop and the alternative chicken shop were closed. Even the Fat Lady was closed but luckily opened up a little later after returning from picking the grandkids up from school. Therefore it was khow pad kai (egg fried rice) but by then it was beginning to get dark.

One that I had earlier.

khow pad kai s.jpg

Last edited:
Crawfish Biol! 32 pound sack. lots of leftovers for other meals, Will be picking the rest of the tails today. Sides were andouille sausage, sweet corn, red potatoes, onion and garlic heads.

Purging
36788-albums1121-picture8004.jpg

Boil Pot
36788-albums1121-picture8003.jpg

Crawfish and sides (done in the boil liquid)
36788-albums1121-picture8005.jpg

Last edited:
Crawfish Biol! 32 pound sack. lots of leftovers for other meals, Will be picking the rest of the tails today. Sides were andouille sausage, sweet corn, red potatoes, onion and garlic heads.

Crawfish and sides (done in the boil liquid)
View attachment 28126

Last night I had a crawfish boil, too! Lucked into the lil guys when I was down in Connecticut, and brought 'em back!

Last night I had a crawfish boil, too! Lucked into the lil guys when I was down in Connecticut, and brought 'em back!

For the most part, ours weren't what you would call little for crawfish, and we had quite a few monsters. While we were taking the heads off after dinner so we could refrigerate the tails, I ran across 1 of the biggest, 5.5 inches or more from nose to tail. I threw it's bigger claw in with the tails so I could take a picture of it today when we divide up the tails. My hands were too messy to take a pic of the whole mudbug last night and by the time I came across it just wanted to be done.

Just as a reference for the ones in my bowl, that's a half ear of fresh corn in the background.

Last edited:
For the most part, ours weren't what you would call little for crawfish, and we had quite a few monsters. While we were taking the heads off after dinner so we could refrigerate the tails, I ran across 1 of the biggest, 5.5 inches or more from nose to tail. I threw it's bigger claw in with the tails so I could take a picture of it today when we divide up the tails. My hands were too messy to take a pic of the whole mudbug last night and by the time I came across it just wanted to be done..

Four or five of mine were pretty sizeable, too. Most were mid sized, though. I still have some of the leftover claws for snacking on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom