What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

You said that the single serving of potatoes was still in the freezer...so I thought you didn't cook them.

Edited to add that I now understand you cooked extra potatoes, guessing you made them from scratch instead of using frozen in a bag. Sorry, my head's not on straight today.

You said that the single serving of potatoes was still in the freezer...so I thought you didn't cook them.

Edited to add that I now understand you cooked extra potatoes, guessing you made them from scratch instead of using frozen in a bag. Sorry, my head's not on straight today.
Right. There was one serving of frozen hash browns, I said, "I may as well have those," because since she was planning on eating light (haha!), that was the perfect time to make them. Only one person having potatoes, and just so happens to be one serving in the freezer.

That's when she changed it up and said, "Well, if you're having potatoes, then I want potatoes, too," so back in the freezer with the frozen hash browns, and out with raw potatoes and a knife, in order to make potatoes for two. Sort of the same story as the sausages: "I just want an egg, my stomach is upset...oh, you're having a sausage, I'll have a sausage," and then takes two. 😒

What I should have done was kept my mouth shut, made the single serving of potatoes, served her her plate, and then had the potatoes on my plate. Once they're on the plate, the battle has been decided. :laugh:

There's an old saying I used to hear my brother spout when he was raising a house full of kids. He'd try and make a snack for himself, and like flies, all his kids would suddenly appear and say, "Oh, make me some of that, too," and after about the third one, he'd yell, "IF I WAS HAVING A SH!T SANDWICH, YOU'D WANT ONE, TOO!" :laugh:

She apparently doesn't hover in the kitchen when you cook. I think before I met my husband (21 years ago) he cooked, so of course he likes to micromanage sometimes (drives me crazy). And he will sous chef from time to time if I have a lot going on (dinner parties) and need help. But since we have been in quarantine and aren't having company over for dinner often (only my sister who also has been in quarantine), meals are smaller and take less prep time. I will, of course, allow him to open wine or make me a cocktail :dance:

Lately my breakfast hashes have been inclusive of other stuff from my frig: leftover meats, fresh onions and mushrooms, etc. It's been "tasty" :hungry:

Right. There was one serving of frozen hash browns, I said, "I may as well have those," because since she was planning on eating light (haha!), that was the perfect time to make them. Only one person having potatoes, and just so happens to be one serving in the freezer.

That's when she changed it up and said, "Well, if you're having potatoes, then I want potatoes, too," so back in the freezer with the frozen hash browns, and out with raw potatoes and a knife, in order to make potatoes for two. Sort of the same story as the sausages: "I just want an egg, my stomach is upset...oh, you're having a sausage, I'll have a sausage," and then takes two. 😒

What I should have done was kept my mouth shut, made the single serving of potatoes, served her her plate, and then had the potatoes on my plate. Once they're on the plate, the battle has been decided. :laugh:

There's an old saying I used to hear my brother spout when he was raising a house full of kids. He'd try and make a snack for himself, and like flies, all his kids would suddenly appear and say, "Oh, make me some of that, too," and after about the third one, he'd yell, "IF I WAS HAVING A SH!T SANDWICH, YOU'D WANT ONE, TOO!" :laugh:

My mum used to,say, Russell, youde eat sh$t if it had sugar on it!

Russ

Last edited:
Cuban grilled chicken, sour orange mojo, black beans and rice.

36788-albums1125-picture8291.jpg

No, but that's as much on me as anything else. I have a very strict rule that no one, and I mean no one, not even the dog, whom I love as much as anyone, is allowed in the kitchen when I'm cooking.
My kitchen has a big granite countertop bar with 6 stools and the dining room (table for 8) is on the other side of the counter. It's where we entertain and our guests congregate (when we have them). And nowadays, hubby just sits at the counter reading emails and texts while I cook. It's impossible for me to be alone in the kitchen when I am cooking since it's a large open space.

I made chicken fajita-style tacos. The chicken and some sliced yellow onions were sautéed in OO. Just ground black pepper for seasoning. The tacos were assembled on flour tortillas, with refried beans, Colby/Jack cheese, the chicken and soft onions. Some Matito's jarred salsa for garnish.

No photos -- I've posted photos of similar tacos before -- and I was hungry.

CD

My kitchen has a big granite countertop bar with 6 stools and the dining room (table for 8) is on the other side of the counter. It's where we entertain and our guests congregate (when we have them). And nowadays, hubby just sits at the counter reading emails and texts while I cook. It's impossible for me to be alone in the kitchen when I am cooking since it's a large open space.

Does that bother you? I'd hate it!

That caught my eye - I love preserved lemon. Not keen on corn. Never come across them together - maybe I'd like corn that way?
It completely transforms it. Otherwise, we use fresh lemon rind as well, all sauteed in a little butter. Before putting the corn into the pan we lightly fry some sage leaves as well. The sage flavour, along with the sharpness of the lemon works really well with pork.

Back
Top Bottom