What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Made a typical Dutch beef stew this time. It's called ' zoervleis ' and is from the Limburg region. It's sweet and sour made with the local molasses based on apples and pears combined with spices like cloves, laurel and pepper. It's traditional to serve it with fries.

And I made lemon cheesecake too. Because why not? LIve a little!

Last night I made shrimp Po-Boys. Followed a recipe from the show Cooks Country. Turned out very good. I have my own batter recipe that I like because it is super crunchy. May combine a little of both and give it a try

Nothing flash like you guys, just a cup of tea. I will prolly try a piece of fruit loaf my daughter bought yesterday. She raved about how good it is. Buttered with raspberry jam/jelly.

Russ

I had grilled gammon steak and the last of the stuffed jackets. Although the camera was set up I didn't capture an image as the reheated jacket collapsed from the tongs onto the plate and looked a right mess.

Tasted OK though.

We've been living off the barbecue beef I made a couple of days ago...barbecue beef on garlic toast...barbecue beef-stuffed pitas...etc.

Back
Top Bottom