What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

4D6BBAB1-1A68-41A2-97A8-67BD3F5FCA20.jpeg

Two massive cuts of sirloin that I’m preparing for my son’s birthday. One for him, one for me. :laugh:

Seriously, these are about 2 pounds each, and they will feed everyone. In-state travel is allowed now, and I expect the extended family to turn up for these.

I'm hatching a plan for Chateaubriand but with a brandy and mustard based sauce. Any suggestions on potato style(s)?

Pommes duchesse ? ( potato rosettes made from mash out of a piping bag and in the oven).
View attachment 41226

My last effort was not very successful as we don't have a piping bag.

However, it looks like it may be on hold for the time being as there was no half bottles of brandy available today.

Thanks though, I'll keep it in mind.

My last effort was not very successful as we don't have a piping bag.

View attachment 41227

However, it looks like it may be on hold for the time being as there was no half bottles of brandy available today.

Thanks though, I'll keep it in mind.

Take a zip-top plastic bag, cut an appropriate size wedge from a bottom corner, and you have a piping bag. I've been doing it for years.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 2.31.29 AM.png

CD

Take a zip-top plastic bag, cut an appropriate size wedge from a bottom corner, and you have a piping bag. I've been doing it for years.

That's what we tried to do (as above). Some folks are good at stuff and some are not. Unfortunately I'm the latter (as is my wife).

Back
Top Bottom