What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Cod loin in a lemon butter sauce with homemade pilau rice.

Jesus that looks incredible!!!

If you want eggs with a bright orange yolk like that, they are The Black Farmer's Eggs - only available from Ocado as far as I know. Otherwise choose Burford Browns which are nearly as good - available from Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Waitrose. Recipe for green dressing to be posted tomorrow, I have a huge backlog of things to write up & post :ohmy:.

Last edited:
Last night I cooked a "Black and Blue" rib eye. The steak was brushed with EVOO, seasoned with sea salt and a very heavy coating of crushed black pepper. Cooked in a cast iron skillet medium rare. Rested then topped with homemade Blue Cheese dip. Served with garden green beans, scalded then cooked in butter with garlic. Garden cucumbers with market tomatoes. I tried to take pictures but my phone battery was dead. :cry: It was a pretty plate and very delicious. We both love "Black an Blue" steaks and burgers.

Barbequed pork burgers for lunch with pickled apple and peppers, tomato and halloumi kebabs.

Rack of lamb with a rosemary, garlic and anchovy crust. Served with a pea and leek ragout, roast potatoes and lamb crackling crumb. Yes, I did overcook the lamb!

Back
Top Bottom