What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Sage-flavoured red lentils soup today for lunch

A couple of months ago I bought half a dozen Heinz soups (they were cheap(ish)) as a "just in case measure". I never opened any until today. This is their Scotch broth which I really enjoyed.

Scotch Broth is my favourite tinned soup - but Baxters is much better than Heinz. They use mutton which gives the broth a great flavour.

Scotch Broth is my favourite tinned soup - but Baxters is much better than Heinz. They use mutton which gives the broth a great flavour.

Beggars cannot be choosers I'm afraid. I always preferred Baxter's soups in UK but they are not available here.

BTW, Stanley Baxter was 94 years old last weekend.

[Edit: I used to love his translations of Glaswegian into English - "Repaironem" and "Tummeltinta"]

Last edited:
No, not really worth it with lamb rack - it only takes around 15 mins in the oven. The meat was cooked before the crust was, well, crusty. Next time I need to reduce the cooking time but increase the temperature.
Need to get one of those torches that morning glory has.

1590782506987.png

LOL! I personally wouldn't, and I don't own one. But morning glory had mentioned in another thread that it was a great way to get a crust on meat and other foods. And actually if I wasn't so afraid of burning myself or setting my kitchen on fire, I would buy one. Every once in awhile I could use a little extra sear on my steaks or other foods.

Back
Top Bottom