What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

A beer burger (yes it has some beer in it), mushroom ketchup, beer braised onions, sharp cheddar, on homemade pretzel buns, with steak fries.

2020-05-29 17.56.30.jpg

LOL that pan's a mess. ^^^^
Kitchen work is not always clean work. :)

When I bake I get flour everywhere. When I garden I end up looking like Pigpen from Charlie Brown. It's just me, isn't it? :D
I hate dealing with flour. I think paper flour bags are designed to be as messy as possible to open. I can set an unopened flour bag out, get something from the fridge, turn back around, and there's a tablespoon of flour on the counter. 😠

LOL! I personally wouldn't, and I don't own one. But morning glory had mentioned in another thread that it was a great way to get a crust on meat and other foods. And actually if I wasn't so afraid of burning myself or setting my kitchen on fire, I would buy one. Every once in awhile I could use a little extra sear on my steaks or other foods.

I would never think of using mine in the kitchen. Much too dangerous at my age. I take the steak on a cast iron plate on a wire rack outside on the stoep.

That's beautiful. I often cook my steaks in a cast iron, but occasionally I screw it up and it doesn't have a proper sear. Yours looks lovely.

I shall never forget the taste of the Vesta beef curry with raisins in it. Only ate one once.

The chow mein and chop suey were a little better - but not a lot.
I occasionally get the taste memory, it was fairly unique and I quite liked it as a child before I knew better. You can't buy them in any supermarket in the UK, but Amazon have them and they are a stupid price. One day I will give one a go and see if my 45 year old memories are accurate - I'm just so surprised that they are still made.

Last night it was a mix, 3 chicken croquettes for the wife's dinner, I had store bought pizza, $2 it doesn't get cheaper, added pineapple bacon shrooms BBQ sauce. The crust was amazing for $2
There's two more in the freezer, wife buys specials got one off cooks.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom