What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

We will be trifling with this later.
You know, I surpass myself sometimes, trifling, Oscar Wilde move over... :D:D

I visited Norway a few times in the early 90s. One time in Oslo I took a potential client out to dinner and was presented with the wine list. Bloody frightening!

The cheapest bottle on the list was the equivalent of £ 35.00 but I didn't wish to be considered a cheapskate so I chose the next cheapest - £ 50.00! Luckily my two guests were driving so refused another.

I think I've mentioned it before, but...

We were in Norway looking at some kit we were going to buy (an Instrument Landing System) and on our first evening back at our hotel we headed for the bar, as you do.
A colleague said "I'll get these in." Our surprise at his generosity soon gave way to mirth when we saw his face when told how much the round was! :roflmao::roflmao:

More sri lankan style food tonight. Last night I made a gluten free, vegan banana-chocolate brownie that turned out too gooey, but delicious. I think my mistake was using frozen banana which is too watery. Such a shame, I'll have to try again once we've finished eating this one.

Found some yeast today! So pizza will feature soon this month.

Last edited:
Cup of tea with a slice of fruit bread, toasted. Fruit bread is basically plain bread with fruit and spices, a bit like Easter buns. Toasted and with raspberry jam. My own jam as well. Don't know who bought it, I suspect my daughter for mr7.

Russ

Daughters cooking leg of lamb tonight with roast veges. I'm being lazy all day. Couple of small jobs to do, replace some bulbs and adjust a tap. I need to take my car for a run, it hasn't started in 4 weeks. It's in the garage with two other cars in the driveway, so it's musical cars to get mine out. Need to check all cars fluids as well. A bloke day today doing manly things.
Not being sexist at all, I know SatNavSaysStraightOn is fully capable of doing the things I'm doing today.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom