What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Steak and Kidney Pies With a Blue Cheese Crust.

Was going to put this in as an entry for the recipe challenge, but I don't think 50g of blue cheese in the pastry qualifies as a "cheese" dish. Was very happy with the result though.

View attachment 40295

View attachment 40296

Will put the video link in too. But be advised....this one goes for well over 20 minutes:

View: https://youtu.be/Io5QJkFNn9M
Oh my they look good! I'm not a lover of cheese, especially blue but when it's baked into something like pastry I imagine it's heavenly! Edit, just watched the video and I salute you! I, like you am an inexperienced baker but you really have inspired me to make these pies!! Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Think I did a bit too much

If I ever mention it, please remind me not to take a holiday in Norway.

I would say the beauty of Norway far outweighs the cost of alcohol and dining out. I have seen parts of Norway which simply do not look real and looked photoshopped. Suggest renting a place and buying wine and beer and dining at home.

Oh my they look good! I'm not a lover of cheese, especially blue but when it's baked into something like pastry I imagine it's heavenly! Edit, just watched the video and I salute you! I, like you am an inexperienced baker but you really have inspired me to make these pies!! Cheers mate!
Trust me, if I can do it anyone can. I must admit there was a minute when my processor wouldn't mix the pastry I thought I was in big trouble. But doing it by hand (fingertips) seemed to work really well, and who knows, perhaps that's the secret.

We've had that exchange rate culture shock when traveling before; once in Sweden and once in Switzerland. Now, I just ignore that as much as possible. My wife is always the one saying, "£30...that's...about $47,"'or whatever, and I'm always countering with, "No, it's £30, and that's what it is!" :)

In 2015, we were in Prague and Munich, and the euro at the time was very, very close to 1:1 with the US dollar, we loved it.

Trust me, if I can do it anyone can. I must admit there was a minute when my processor wouldn't mix the pastry I thought I was in big trouble. But doing it by hand (fingertips) seemed to work really well, and who knows, perhaps that's the secret.

Please do enter the recipe for the current recipe challenge. It already has a lot of fans!

Back
Top Bottom