What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

In this link they missed out one tsp caster sugar. I added roast butternut squash and some fresh coriander with a little extra chilli because I love it. It would also make a beautiful curry with vegetables, the flavour doesn't need meat IMO.
https://themumclub.com/our-blog/tmc-family-recipe-hairy-bikers-very-good-chicken-balti/

Thanks - will check out the method used. Was curious given your comment that it was different from your usual method, as I'm quite an experienced curry maker.

..... checked it. It seems to use curry paste, or balti curry paste. Well, that would be a shortcut, obviously. :)

Last edited:
I baked chocolate fudge brownies as Nigella Lawson does them. With a little chilli added.

On Thursday night I browned a large chicken breast fillet then put it in the oven to cook thru

Then into the hot pan went sliced zucchini, shelf stable gnocchi - straight from the pack, green beans. A few spoons of oil from the jar of marinated sun dried tomatoes.

I put the gnocchi mix into bowls, topped with sliced chicken breast and a hefty dollop of salsa verde, halved cherry tomatoes & a generous grating of pecorino.

simple, fast & delicious.

Thanks - will check out the method used. Was curious given your comment that it was different from your usual method, as I'm quite an experienced curry maker.

..... checked it. It seems to use curry paste, or balti curry paste. Well, that would be a shortcut, obviously. :)

I spotted that too, switched off then.

Russ

Takeout. Craig had red curry with chicken and fried rice. I had sushi, a vege roll and a shrimp tempura roll, well, half of each. We have dessert from the Italian bakery since we went there to get some special cheeses. Craig couldn't make up his mind so I told him I wanted oreo cheesecake and then went to get the cheese, while he decided what he wanted.

Bits and pieces from the fridge. Some speckled butter beans cooked with tasso and bacon, the last slice of pork and a scoop of Mexican rice. Put it all in a bowl. Heated it up and ate with a slice of buttered bread. Carb overload. Good thing G is at the fishing camp. Gas attack. I am taking a holiday from cooking - unless I want to. Cooking is not as much fun when I feel that I MUST cook. I did start a rice dish for the challenge. It uses Risotto so I cooked that today. Tomorrow I have to shop for ingredients for two other rice dishes - Rice Dressing and Oyster Rice Dressing. I may pick up a few shrimp for another rice dish.

Home made pasta on Thursday.

The first half of the dough was for tagliatelle, with a carbonara style sauce with goats cheese, asparagus and crisped Serrano ham.

The second half was used yesterday to make ravioles, a Cypriot ravioli stuffed with halloumi cheese and mint.

I remember the days when chippies sold fish and chips. Either cod or haddock (if you ordered a special). Then mushy peas started creeping onto the menu (which I didn't mind), then pickled eggs, then battered sausage. "Where will this end?", I thought to myself.

Pie, chips, mushy peas and battered sausage, English chip shop style. I had wanted battered cod roe as well, but they had sold out - "It's Friday" said the girl behind the counter, "Can't you just make more on a Friday if they sell out?", "No, they are special order only. You'll have to phone ahead" WTF?

Back
Top Bottom