What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on topic, what did you feed your pain stricken wife?
It wasn't so much junk food, that was a bad description, just heavy, somewhat unhealthy food - pizza two days in a row, cream of potato soup two days in a row, and very little to no green veggie. Up to a couple of weeks or so ago, we were having salads every night (along with other stuff), and then I kind of changed things up and opted for heavier, meatier things, and I think her digestive tract started complaining.

It's happened before. A few months ago, she went through a bout of constipation, and she spent two weeks convinced to her core that she had stomach cancer, and when she finally went to the doc, the first question the doc asked was, "What's your diet been like?"

"Pizza, wings, cheese, salami, cheese, cake, cheesecake, pancakes, fried eggs, cheese, fried potatoes, fried cheese..."

"I'mma stop you right there. You don't have stomach cancer...you have an atrocious diet. Eat some salad, fer crissakes!"

I've never had any issue getting BCBS to pay for ER fees.
That's who our insurance is with. They were great until about three years ago, then they started questioning everything, and what's worse, their pre-approval process for getting a procedure approved, at least in my experience, went from "Let me check...yeah, that's covered," to "Well, you have to have the procedure done, then we'll look at it and let you know."

Quick sear and in the oven..

Last edited:
Chilli con carne (again).

We may be going to the pub tomorrow afternoon so it should be char siu noodles. I'll save the Kolhapuri chicken batch cooking until Wednesday and if we can obtain decent mushrooms, murphyscreek's chicken liver will be on Thirstday.

[Edit: Yesterday, I adjusted the contrast for the images which turned out wrong in the bright sunshine. This only came to light when the sun set. I've reprocessed the originals in more favourable lighting]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom