What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying not to be critical but is it supposed to look uninviting? To me anyway, or is it just the way it is, and absolutely mouth watering? I'm just trying to work it out or is it Cajun spices.??
It may be just me, don't take offence please.

Russ
What do you find uninviting about it? I think it looks delicious!

Anyway, followed up the salad with some pasta tossed in a red sauce (jarred pizza sauce, believe it or not) with some crispy salami tossed in.

I'm trying not to be critical but is it supposed to look uninviting? To me anyway, or is it just the way it is, and absolutely mouth watering? I'm just trying to work it out or is it Cajun spices.??
It may be just me, don't take offence please.

Russ
LOL..It was pretty good...It is Tandoori spices...turmeric, cumin, corriander, black pepper,chili, ginger..I toast them and then put them in a grinder, then rub the powder all over the chicken...Roasted and finished on high temp to crisp up the skin...that's probably why it seems to dark to you....It is pretty basic roast chicken pieces..

LOL..It was pretty good...It is Tandoori spices...turmeric, cumin, corriander, black pepper,chili, ginger..I toast them and then put them in a grinder, then rub the powder all over the chicken...Roasted and finished on high temp to crisp up the skin...that's probably why it seems to dark to you....It is pretty basic roast chicken pieces..

I use those spices as well, ok it's just me, as you were !

Russ

Saturday we had shrimp cocktail and fried shrimp with hushpuppies and Brussels sprouts. Last night we had pan seared scallops over linguine with veggies and a white wine and lemon pepper cream sauce. No pics, sorry.

Tonight we are having shrimp cocktail and crab cakes with a side of Brussels sprouts. Love a vacation by the sea, thank goodness this resort unit has a full kitchen or it would cost a lot to eat like this going out. I'm obviously a sucker for seafood, lol.

Last edited:
Saturday we had shrimp cocktail and fried shrimp with hushpuppies and Brussels sprouts. Last night we had pan seared scallops over linguine with veggies and a white wine and lemon pepper cream sauce. No pics, sorry.

Tonight we are having shrimp cocktail and crab cakes with a side of Brussels sprouts. Love a vacation by the sea, thank goodness this resort unit has a full kitchen or it would cost a lot to eat like this going out. I'm obviously a sucker for seafood, lol.
View attachment 62573

I love seafood as well, enjoy your break, lucky you.

Russ

I think what Rascal may have meant was "plain" looking, compared to many of the dishes you show us. I did also wonder what was on the skin -- what spices.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom