What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salad:
IMG_4414.jpeg

Gado gado tonight - although we ate rather late, since I took an unscheduled nap on the couch after getting home from work. Oops!

The gado gado had yellow rice, roast sweet potato, raw red bell pepper, steamed asparagus (it’s in season here), and hard-boiled eggs, topped with spicy peanut sauce.

I’m trying to bring more vegetarian meals back into my diet and this fit the bill nicely.

Gado gado tonight - although we ate rather late, since I took an unscheduled nap on the couch after getting home from work. Oops!

The gado gado had yellow rice, roast sweet potato, raw red bell pepper, steamed asparagus (it’s in season here), and hard-boiled eggs, topped with spicy peanut sauce.

I’m trying to bring more vegetarian meals back into my diet and this fit the bill nicely.
I could eat that right now lol

Russ

My poor sister-in-law came back from Puerto Rico yesterday with an upset stomach. She loved the scallops I served last evening (which were intended as an appetizer) but an hour later she was asleep on the couch so I cooked the Chilean seabass tonight instead. I made a dry mustard and herbs in olive oil marinade that was delicious. Served on a bed of sauteed vegetables.
20230518_201201.jpg
20230518_201115.jpg

Thanks! They were darned good. Got them from Aldi of all places. Cryovac frozen--I thawed, rinsed, dried and salted them, then let them air dry in the frig for a few hours so they'd sear properly.

I've gotten good frozen scallops in COSTCO. You do have to dry them out before sautéing, but they are good.

CD

Cheating. This was yesterday at a wonderful little restaurant in a gorgeous setting (Naples, NY), with a very lovely Non Picky Eater. This is their take on mac and cheese using a house-made orecchiette. It was a bit busy for me, but still, done quite well. And freshly foraged ramps for a topping.

Heron Hill Cabernet Franc was an OK match, but if I had my druthers, I would have had a steely dry Riesling from someplace like Forge or Hermann Wiemer.

1684495264266.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom