What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get rolls up North.
Rolls, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And ate Baps and Barms without exemption
I filled each golden Bap
With careful step along the deli
But more, much more than this
I used my Bap my way.
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When your Baps were to hard to chew
But through it all, when there were Rolls
I ate them up and spat them out
I tasted them all and I stood tall
Baps do it my way

Rolls, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And ate Baps and Barms without exemption
I filled each golden Bap
With careful step along the deli
But more, much more than this
I used my Bap my way.
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When your Baps were to hard to chew
But through it all, when there were Rolls
I ate them up and spat them out
I tasted them all and I stood tall
Baps do it my way
Baps have another meaning round here. I feel a Mrs Slocombe moment coming on.

Pinchitos morunos pork fillet kebabs with poor mans potatoes, asparagus and Russian beetroot salad.

Last edited:
Our youngest (22 yrs) surprised us and prepared delicious "fusion chicken fajitas" spiced with e.g. oregano, thyme, turmeric, garlic, white wine vinegar and paprika. She served them with e.g. tomatoes, cucumber, chili and home made tzatziki. Made us happy - until I realized that the cooking didn't include washing up. A nanosecond
roa.gif
and she was back at the computer editing bird watching videos. Momma's spoilt baby.

Our youngest (22 yrs) surprised us and prepared delicious "fusion chicken fajitas" spiced with e.g. oregano, thyme, turmeric, garlic, white wine vinegar and paprika. She served them with e.g. tomatoes, cucumber, chili and home made tzatziki. Made us happy - until I realized that the cooking didn't include washing up. A nanosecond View attachment 51503 and she was back at the computer editing bird watching videos. Momma's spoilt baby.
If someone cooked me a meal like that I would happily wash up! Sounds fantastic!

Question about your pork burgers. Are they just ground pork patties, or are they some kind of pork sausage meat formed into patties?

This makes 3 patties:
  • 250g pork, minced
  • 1 egg
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 small red chilies, chopped
  • 1 pinch dried sage
  • 2 tblsp breadcrumbs
And chuck it all into a food processor. Then I used a burger press....

Last edited:
Thursday I pigged out on pork roast, smoked turkey, green bean casserole, savory sweet potato casserole, cornbread dressing, boudin smashed potatoes, roasted squash, Satsuma and spinach salad, cranberries and a huge table of sweets for desert. Friday I ate a couple of biscuits for breakfast, nibbled on left overs for lunch and had a Black Friday Sandwich for dinner (rye bread, turkey, cornbread dressing and cranberries.) I have been craving chicken pot pie. A couple of weeks ago G was in Huston so I had a Marie Calandar frozen chicken pot pie. It was good but I wanted more so yesterday (Friday) i Sliced diced and chopped all of the vegetables. I found a pack of 4 chicken leg quarters in the freezer. This morning I had two buttered biscuits with bacon and cranberries. I browned the bone-in-skin on leg quarters, cooked the veggies in the chicken fat, deboned the chicken and made a filling for double crust chicken pot pie. I had 2 deep dish pie crust and 2 regular pie crust. The filling went in the deep dish crust with the regular crust on top. I have never made chicken pot pie. It was delish. I froze the second pie to bring to my sister. My niece is having back surgery 12/02. Sis will need ready meals once they get home.
This week I will cook, vacuum seal and freeze a pork roast and a couple of vegetable casseroles for Sis's freezer. Also a soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom