What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was Blanquette de Veau, cheese and braised sour cabbage polenta,followed by the tester Christmas pudding.
1606624352947.png
1606624376381.png
1606624400559.png
1606624431375.png

The Pud, we used the 40% of the batter left over after cooking the pud for Christmas. The color and texture was excellent but as it was only two days old the flavors had not matured. The flavor were all there but lack the robust depth of a fully matured pud. There should be some improvement as the first pud will be five weeks old and fed five times. The Plumb Brandy sauce was delicious. The plum brandy also flamed well even though the pics don't show it. 7/10
1606625067320.png
1606625113351.png
1606625166348.png
1606625185752.png

The Pud, we used the 40% of the batter left over after cooking the pud for Christmas. The color and texture was excellent but as it was only two days old the flavors had not matured. The flavor were all there but lack the robust depth of a fully matured pud. There should be some improvement as the first pud will be five weeks old and fed five times. The Plumb Brandy sauce was delicious. The plum brandy also flamed well even though the pics don't show it. 7/10
View attachment 51522View attachment 51523View attachment 51524View attachment 51525
Looks just like my mans. Bellissimo!!

OOOPS fruedian slip there mate :okay:

This f$&@ I pad and spell check. My nans, a very very funny woman who tormented my grandfather for years. He loved it,lol. He was a p.o.w and got me interested in Europe, he used to get books and tell me about places he'd been too after the war. I found out afterwards that I was the only one he talked to about the war. He was listed as dead and his greedy sister got access to the farm, and sold it and blew the money. He came back to nothing.

Russ

The only person I opened up to was my first FIL who was a Pow in WW2. We were sitting by a pool in Teneriffe, when I tan the pock marks on my right side don't. He recognized them. I trusted him like your Granddad trusted you.

This f$&@ I pad and spell check. My nans, a very very funny woman who tormented my grandfather for years. He loved it,lol. He was a p.o.w and got me interested in Europe, he used to get books and tell me about places he'd been too after the war. I found out afterwards that I was the only one he talked to about the war. He was listed as dead and his greedy sister got access to the farm, and sold it and blew the money. He came back to nothing.

Russ
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBI9i3HlFVE&ab_channel=sunryse111

We're going to our haunt Spanish bistro with the old folks when we've left the kids to the train station. I'll probably cook rainbow trout in the evening as there is a piece in vacuum in the fridge.

I baked a dark chocolate cake.
suklaa.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom