What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just taken out from the oven..

Mod.Comment:

There are a number of recent posts in this thread which veer off topic and wander into completely unrelated matters. A little off topic posting is not a crime but unfortunately it can then escalate into completely unrelated discussions. This can be confusing for members dropping in to the thread or for new members.

Please folk, can you think before you post. Start a new thread if all or a significant part of the content of your post is not directly related to the thread topic.

Short rib of beef that came out of the freezer yesterday. It was cooked sous vide a few months ago, 72 hours on low then frozen. Today it was browned in a pan then finished on a low heat in the oven, covered in beef gravy. Served with Yorkshire pudding, buttery mashed potato and broccoli and Stilton puree.

Short rib of beef that came out of the freezer yesterday. It was cooked sous vide a few months ago, 72 hours on low then frozen. Today it was browned in a pan then finished on a low heat in the oven, covered in beef gravy. Served with Yorkshire pudding, buttery mashed potato and broccoli and Stilton puree.
View attachment 51577

Spectacular, indeed
Stilton puree :hyper:

I think I know what to buy you for Christmas!

I really love Stilton cheese, it is one of those products that I always buy when I am in London and bring it to Italy.
I remember, however, that a few years ago I found it at Esselunga in Milan for a while, then I never saw it again, but I will look for it better. On that occasion I made Stilton-filled gnocchi, then simply cooked with butter and sage. A marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom