What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made these rustic Chinese style custard tarts......(cheat's method with store bought pastry)

View: https://youtu.be/_rYVnW6lmoY

Last night was chicken fesenjān and mixed potato mash, asparagus & choko.

Tonight will be chicken Marylands rubbed & stuffed with a bit of herby garlic butter laid on top of sliced onion & lemon to roast.

Sides will be cucumber avo salad & probably more asparagus.

Tomorrow will be whatever protein with an asiany marinade with smashed cucumber salad

My sister and I made King Ranch Chicken, a common comfort food casserole in Texas. I will post a recipe thread when I get back home in a few days. My sister makes it a few times every year. This was my first time making it, although I have eaten it many times. It has chicken, tortilla chips, cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños and some other stuff.

It is kinda' like a Texican lasagna. :laugh:

IMG_1623 3.JPG

CD

Yum!

That looks a lot like a common veggo option here in the 1990’s. “The Stack”. Everywhere I worked in the city had a version of it on the menu.
yeah, I was subjected to that in hospital. a slice of pumpkin, a slice of aubergine and a slice of potato with some tomato paste. wasn't impressed.

yeah, I was subjected to that in hospital. a slice of pumpkin, a slice of aubergine and a slice of potato with some tomato paste. wasn't impressed.

The photos you posted of your hospital food looked a lot better than the shoe leather I ate under the guise of chicken on my last few hospital stays. Honestly, I'd have devoured a fresh salad over the dried out hockey puck they called a burger.

CD

The photos you posted of your hospital food looked a lot better than the shoe leather I ate under the guise of chicken on my last few hospital stays. Honestly, I'd have devoured a fresh salad over the dried out hockey puck they called a burger.

CD
When I was on the ICU with a saddle embolism I only got hot , heavy winter foods like bangers & mash, colcannon, pea soup etc.

This while having a life threatening lung condition. I couldn't eat any of that, the steam from any hot food made me cough instantly. And getting cold food was no option.

I still think its bizarre there is no seperate light meal menu for people on the ICU. It was the same when I was there two years later with another pulmonary embolism

CD
Those fresh salads were all my doing by listing a set of ingredients I wanted for a meal...
It was all I could come up with for some fresh meals to get away grow those darned vegan patties. I'm not keen an highly processed food and even less keen on meat alternatives. In fact I actually hate them.

How lovely, I am a huge fan and user of puff pastry (both store bought and homemade).
Just taken a look at your video, interesting as usual (sirens included 😅).
These Chinese custard tarts remind me the Portuguese Pasteis de Nata. Have you ever tasted them?
No, I've seen them on video and they look delicious. I recently watched Chef John's version from Food Wishes. Hahaha...I meant to edit the sirens part out of that video but forgot...then was too lazy to go back and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom