What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's breakfast was a repeat of yesterdays, except with a banana, instead of orange wedges. This was Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese muffins with a hash brown patty.

full.jpg

No, I've seen them on video and they look delicious. I recently watched Chef John's version from Food Wishes. Hahaha...I meant to edit the sirens part out of that video but forgot...then was too lazy to go back and fix it.

I thought had seen them before. I am a Chef John fan.

CD

I've been in a UK themed mood recently. My order of quince came in the other day, I've started the Xmas cakes and egg nog, so I've been looking at "island" recipes. Here's my take on barmbrack from Ireland. According to my (Irish) friend, it's traditionally eaten for Halloween, so I made this quick bread version.

Made these rustic Chinese style custard tarts......(cheat's method with store bought pastry)

View attachment 74315

View: https://youtu.be/_rYVnW6lmoY
We had a Portuguese/(Mediterranean)/Brazilian evening with friends this weekend - and I made pretty similar natas (pastéis de nata) with ready-made puff pastry. The whole menu was freshly made Brazilian piña colada, scallops with molho vermelho (Sp. salsa roja), sautéed spinach with molho verde (salsa verde/green sauce), grapefruit segments and pine kernels, stewed lamb legs with homegrown veggies, natas with raspberry syrup and vanilla ice cream and coffee with chocolates. Spanish cava, Portuguese rosé wine and Madeira to accompany. I was too lazy (and tipsy) to take any pictures.
Mushroom tart today.
sie_g.jpg

Last edited:
I've been in a UK themed mood recently. My order of quince came in the other day, I've started the Xmas cakes and egg nog, so I've been looking at "island" recipes. Here's my take on barmbrack from Ireland. According to my (Irish) friend, it's traditionally eaten for Halloween, so I made this quick bread version.

View attachment 74352

Looks delicious. What's your secret for getting the dried fruit evenly distributed?

In my culinary school we prepared various dishes related to chicken/partridge. My group made breaded chicken breast, chicken veloute, vichy carrots, steamed broccoli and we tried to serve potato nests, but they turned out horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom