What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My after - dentist meal.

Very delicious!

That thumping sound you may have heard was me falling out of my chair.

CD
Hey, and when I say no recipe, I mean none, nada, zero. I figure I've made enough pot pies, it's somehow gotten stuck in my head.

Here's the funny part: the whole thing started because I have a small amount of green beans to use up, and the other pie crust, so I thought, "I'll just make a standard beef pot pie and use up those beans."

Chopped up the beef I had left over...a little salt and pepper here, some flour there, then went fridge diving and found a half a leek, a dodgy carrot, some peas from the freezer, a big potato chopped up...added a little of this, a little of that, some fresh herbs, cooked it up, cooled it down, whacked it in the pie tins, into the oven, ate it all up, very happy with it, and when MrsT wanted to save half for leftovers, I wrapped it up, opened the fridge door, and...

...there were the 🤬 green beans that started it all and that I also completely forgot about! 🤨

I didn't realise that they actually officially call piccalilli "Chow Chow" in your parts. I thought it was just your slang name for it!

We actually have chow chow and picalilli as well. I like the chow as it's more chunkier. Both similar tasting.
I eat a jar every forrnite. I use about 1/4 jar in a burger. I recycle jars with my bottled beetroot etc.

Russ
Mushroom & peas (curry):

View attachment 74434
My fave curry along with butter chicken was mushroom sabji. The restaurant was demolished in the quakes.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom