What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no having-down this morning. I had plugged in one of those Fabrege' scent thingies and it was causing me headaches and shivers. I took it out yesterday, but still got a headache this morning. I felt a need to get something into my bloodstream to clear me out. I've turned on the bathroom and stove exhaust fans for a while.

I've never had problems with those scent things before, but this time, it was throwing me into fits of agony.

I hate those plug in scent things. They have bad effect on me. Stick with natural scents I think. Although I have had problems with lilies.

You went into more detail. The US and Canada have the same description of all those cuts.

It is amazing how the same cuts of beef have different names in different countries.

CD

T bones are quite expensive here, whereas I can buy fillet for $22 kg. Which is cheap, t bones go for up to $50.
Go figure??
More lamb is sold here. I like to keep about 18 to 24 fillet in my freezer. Theres obviously more money in the states .

Russ

I meant to take a pic of supper last night, but I was so delighted, I forgot.

What made me so happy was that I used up my leftover ham from the night before, and used some of the sweet potato biscuits as well, and made cute little ham-and-biscuit sandwiches, complete with Swiss cheese and cranberry-honey mustard.

"Big deal, Tasty, you made some little sandwiches!"

We'll, what was so fun about them is I used the biscuit cutter on the ham and cheese slices, so my sandwiches looked perfect. No just slapping some meat and cheese on there, uh-uh...they were perfectly sized, almost like little hammy macarons.

A healthy chicken dinner. :)

It's a kind of forcemeat, 1:2 chicken:vegetables, I pan fried half and dropped the rest of the batter into simmering water for something akin to a quenelle.

chicken breast-5.jpg
chicken breast-3.jpg

Conkers are horse chestnuts (called conkers I think because of the game of conkers which I played as a kid).

StackPath

The look similar once you remove the shell. But the shells are different:

View attachment 75862
There were horse chestnut trees in the gardens at Hever Castle when I stayed there in 2019. I hadn’t a clue what they were and my first thought was “are these things edible?”

Thank you.

I don't like store bought hummus, yuck.
That´s two of us. I can´t see the problem in blitzing a can of chickpeas with fresh garlic, lemon juice and olive oil - or paying more for something that you didn´t season yourself. Still, everyone to their own - I´ve probably got more time on my hands that many others.

Blimey! That is lots of eggs in one meal. Its not that I'm obsessive about cals but by my reckoning 8 eggs (depending on size) clocks up tp 640 cals - 800cals (or more). And that's not including the fat they are cooked in or anything with them.

I also eat lots of eggs but only one at a time usually unless its an omelette in which case two.
My hubby eats 3 eggs with breakfast most mornings and then snacks on medium boiled in the afternoons (usually 1-2). He has been working out so I don't think it will hurt him, eggs are a great source of easily digestible protein.

My hubby eats 3 eggs with breakfast most mornings and then snacks on medium boiled in the afternoons (usually 1-2). He has been working out so I don't think it will hurt him, eggs are a great source of easily digestible protein.
Most of my direct egg consumption is at the weekend, but I can easily eat eight of them in a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom