What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roasted chestnuts

Last edited:
I thought it was a sinonimo of chestnuts

Conkers are horse chestnuts (called conkers I think because of the game of conkers which I played as a kid).
When you hear the song about chestnuts roasting on an open fire, don’t mistake these nuts for horse chestnuts. Horse chestnuts, also called conkers, are very different nuts. Are horse chestnuts edible? They are not. In general, toxic horse chestnuts should not be consumed by people, horses, or other livestock. Read on for more information about these poisonous conkers.
StackPath

The look similar once you remove the shell. But the shells are different:

I always eat 8 eggs in the morning. :thumbsup:

Blimey! That is lots of eggs in one meal. Its not that I'm obsessive about cals but by my reckoning 8 eggs (depending on size) clocks up tp 640 cals - 800cals (or more). And that's not including the fat they are cooked in or anything with them.

I also eat lots of eggs but only one at a time usually unless its an omelette in which case two.

Hey! I thought you were halving portions at the moment? Four eggs? :ohmy:

Yeah, no halving-down this morning. I had plugged in one of those Fabrege' scent thingies and it was causing me headaches and shivers. I took it out yesterday, but still got a headache this morning. I felt a need to get something into my bloodstream to clear me out. I've turned on the bathroom and stove exhaust fans for a while.

I've never had problems with those scent things before, but this time, it was throwing me into fits of agony.

Last edited:
Blimey! That is lots of eggs in one meal. Its not that I'm obsessive about cals but by my reckoning 8 eggs (depending on size) clocks up tp 640 cals - 800cals (or more). And that's not including the fat they are cooked in or anything with them.

I also eat lots of eggs but only one at a time usually unless its an omelette in which case two.
Hahaha....no I don't eat 8 eggs in 1 meal. I was just joking because you thought 4 eggs was half his normal consumption. Normally I consume 1 to 3 eggs at a time and like I said 12 to 15 a week.

Yeah, no having-down this morning. I had plugged in one of those Fabrege' scent thingies and it was causing me headaches and shivers. I took it out yesterday, but still got a headache this morning. I felt a need to get something into my bloodstream to clear me out. I've turned on the bathroom and stove exhaust fans for a while.

I've never had problems with those scent things before, but this time, it was throwing me into fits of agony.
My wife is sensitive to that stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom