What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hubby wanted a salad for lunch, so I raided the fridge.
this also proved an interesting comparison between a white & a bluish grey plate... mind you it also proved an interesting test of if I can remember everything I actually found to put in it... (there's a good bed of green leaves (3 types) which kind of made it look much more than it actually was)

and with a dressing...

I think we had mixed lettuce, kale, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, red peppers, radish, snow peas, aubergine, courgettes, smoked tofu, sprouted peas & lentils, avocado & black olives...

I made light crustless cheesecake for breakfast , with berries

and evening meal... definitely getting my 12 a day... (I think it's Japan that aims for people to eat 12 portions of fruit and veg a day)

so, Kale (again), asparagus, green beans or beanettes as they are calling them, broccoli and cauliflower with the Indian curry (tomatoes and onions) with a Moroccan chickpea burger (under everything)

just as a reminder to all. if you find that a tag doesn't exist or has British English spelling only, use the report button on the thread (can be yours or anyone else's, you can edit anyone's tags) and let me know and I'll create and add it for you, so it is there next time you need it.

plus if you see a wiki entry description that's very wrong, you can either edit it yourself or drop me a PM and I'll look at it. (if it is totally wrong, delete all wording, and save and it will force the system to search again, often this gets a better result). this is our own wiki database so aiming for 4 line descriptions in culinary terms only, don't need botanical or history of subject, just a description.

thanks

Looks great but the chicken dish doesn't sound or look very Korean. I have to say its the first time I've ever seen scissors as cutlery on a dining table!

We have about 50-80 Korean restaurants within a 2km radius of us at my home unit in Sydney. Im working my way through them.

Scissors are always on the table for BBQ as the meat is cooked in large pieces and eaten with chopsticks.
Do you follow David Chang on Instagram by any chance? He uses scissors for everything. Even in the pan cooking.

And cheese is always an option. Since the Korean War there is a real fusion of Japanese, Korean & western foods in the common daily Korean menu. The Americans are responsible for leaving behind wheat flour then continuing to supply wheat over there / that’s pretty much how ramen or ramyun became a staple cheap meal. The Koreans add kimchi & cheese to their instant noodles.

I’ve been learning to cook it for 5 years now. I even bought a charcoal BBQ for home (house in Lithgow) so I could experiment.

Wait until I tell you how they pickle the daikon.

Last night we had gyosas done in the air fryer. Not a good idea - they came out like cardboard. Steam next time!
The method I use is to add a few drops of canola & sesame oils to a non stick pan. Heat. Add gyoza. In a minute or so I add 1/2 a cup of boiling water then pop a lid on. Once that boils off they tops are steamed and I keep cooking until the frying noises stop. The bottoms should crispy dry & the tops nicely steamed. Whole process is about 8 minutes.

Some people add some corn flour or tapioca starch slurry so you end up with more crispy lace connecting the gyoza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom