What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That´s two of us. I can´t see the problem in blitzing a can of chickpeas with fresh garlic, lemon juice and olive oil - or paying more for something that you didn´t season yourself. Still, everyone to their own - I´ve probably got more time on my hands that many others.
It's faster to make it yourself than it is to drive to the store, park, go inside to find it, stand in line to pay for it...I'd rather not go spend the money on it when mine tastes better and is less expensive to make. And I put two whole bulbs of roasted garlic in mine, so good! I also like a little tahini in mine.

Hooray! Today's meal was spaghetti.

This spaghetti dinner resulted after I created a huge batch of spaghetti sauce, starting this morning, and then took some of it and added a few things, before topping the spaghetti pasta with the sauce.

In the end the sauce was a wonder mix of tomato sauce, tomato, Anaheim pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic cloves, pitted black olives, a touch of balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, marjoram and thyme. The photo doesn't show it, but I topped off with grated Romano cheese.

Last edited:
Hooray! Today's meal was spaghetti.

This spaghetti dinner resulted after I created a huge batch of spaghetti sauce, starting this morning, and then took some of it and added a few things, before topping the spaghetti pasta with the sauce.

In the end the sauce was a wonder mix of tomato sauce, tomato, Anaheim pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic cloves, basil, oregano, marjoram and thyme. The photo doesn't show it, but I topped off with grated Romano cheese.
I like your new placemat and flatware. Very pretty.

Dunno - I assume its the pollen as it makes my eyes water. I don't think I could cut out the stamen. It would seem brutal :ohmy: Its an important element of their beauty.
I think it depends on the type of lily and contrast of color. I have horrible allergies, so I have no alternative unless I want to be in bed with a sinus headache.

I'm making a lasagna. I made a pot of sauce several days ago (we've had penne and ravioli with it thus far).

We eat late around here, dinner will be served around 9:30 p.m.

I woke up hungry, so I grabbed some leftover roasted potatoes, three eggs, and some cheddar cheese, and made a egg, potato and cheese scramble.

This one's for you, rascal. :hungry:

TatersEggs001.jpg

CD

I like your new placemat and flatware. Very pretty.

Pretty? Well, I suppose I suffer macho, so I would call it neat, nice, attractive, even handsome, as opposed to pretty. But it is after all, a compliment and I accept it with thanks. :okay:

Blanching is something I have never done and I'll have to give it a try some time.

There has recently been a chat about cooking a vegetable so that it remains bright green and crispy and here lies one answer. My normal approach would have been to simply steam the vegetable. Several people suggested a quick microwave of the the vegetable covered in a shallow dish of water. Blanching is an alternate solution, but it leaves the result - cold, not hot.

blanching: To briefly immerse a vegetable (or fruit) in boiling water, remove it after a set time and then immerse it in ice water or give it a cold water rinse to cool it and prevent it from being cooked further, leaving it cooked, but crisp and having good color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom