What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Green garlic powder"? Do tell, I've never heard of it.

In Asian cooking, garlic is used in many forms, not just the bulb/cloves. So it is not uncommon to use green garlic, which is the garlic stem and leaves (including roots) before the bulb ripes into cloves. They look exactly like spring onions (UK term) and just to clarify, I mean the ones that look like mini leeks, long and thin and you eat the stems, leaves, immature cloves and often the roots as well....

A company just down the road from where I live (actually on the same road) grows and sells garlic and they have reintroduced many alternative forms of it, including the green garlic in fresh and powdered form.

Another garlic company close to where we first lived when we moved to Australia, makes black garlic, also delicious. Trouble is, it is that nice, I eat it whole from container with it never making it to the dish! Lol.

As MG mentions , you could probably make your own if you grow your own garlic, harvest before the bulb fattens and happen to have a dehydrator (probably an Excalibur or a professional one). It needs to be dried very slowly at a very low heat, then when totally dry, ground to a powder. I do grow my own and use them fresh from the garden as fresh green garlic, but I don't make my own green garlic powder despite having an Excalibur dehydrator. Don't see the point...

I'm just waiting for their garlic season to start so that I can stock up on fresh garlic bulbs after I lost most of my garlic to the native wildlife earlier this season.

Starter salad:

Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic/Garlic Powder. It is so common as a meat seasoning in the US that it is often called SPG. You can even by it premixed as SPG -- I don't, but seems like a lot of people do.

View attachment 92720

CD
I have never seen that before. Or heard that saying. Maybe that is only sold out west? I'll look for it.

BUT those ingredients are in the all-purpose house blend seasoning I make.

I have never seen that before. Or heard that saying. Maybe that is only sold out west? I'll look for it.

BUT those ingredients are in the all-purpose house blend seasoning I make.
I make a seasoning at work like that but I sneak some powdered beef base in there also..gives my beef sandwiches a bit more depth..

If already come in from outside and eaten 2 kiwi fruit and an orange.
I usually have a piece of fruit about 10AM or so (weekdays, part of my routine).

Later in the day, if I’m peckish, MrsT will say, “Have an apple,” or something like that, and my first thought is always, “What?! But I’ve already had fruit today!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom