What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one I bought was the cheapest one seen since I’ve become aware of the process… 79¢ for a medium one at ALDI.
They are only sold per two here now and the price hovers around 3.75 to 4.50 a pack. Used to be between 2 and 3. I can afford them if I want but I don't like them enough for the price.

They are only sold per two here now and the price hovers around 3.75 to 4.50 a pack. Used to be between 2 and 3. I can afford them if I want but I don't like them enough for the price.
Since my wife is the only one who eats them, she has them a half at a time, and I think if I bought two, one would go bad before she got to it.

We can buy them singly or in bags of maybe five or six. No in-between.

I had beef stew with dumplings this evening.

After all that we two have been through, we needed some Hawaii-Style comfort food

IMG_2314.JPG

This is what we call Won Ton Mein Deluxe:
S&S brand Saimin (that's the noodles-unique to Hawaii)
my homemade Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork
loads of chopped Green Onions/Scallions/Spring Onions
Kamaboko or Japanese-Style Steamed Fish Cake (that's that pink & white stuff)
Pork & Vegetable Gyoza/Dumplings/Won Ton
Baby Bok Choi
and some nice Dashi or Japanese-Style broth
AAAAHHHHHH
THAT so hit the spot!

Just making Morning Glory 's Recipe - Egg curry and I'm not sure that my Kashmiri chili is as mild as MG's. I've made a triple version to have enough sauce for 3 nights (knowing my hubby it will only be 2).

I'm not sure why, but I was under the impression that Kashmiri chilli powder is mild chilli powder. I was careful with it and only put 1 level tsp in instead of 3 heaped teaspoons, but I think it might be gaining some coconut cream top take the heat away. My Kashmiri chilli powder says medium hot on it (read afterwards :rolleyes: ).

I've had to cook the eggs in situ because I forgot to hold on to any when I donated 7½ dozen to the food bank this morning, so my eggs are as fresh as they get, still warm from a chook sitting on them. And that means no hard boiled eggs because eggs that fresh just don't peel at all.

If I get chance for a decent plate/bowl shot, I'll try but given how today is working out, I may not get chance.

My Kashmiri chilli powder reads

Next time, I'll try ½tsp for 6 servings. Yes it is that hot and we're usually pretty good with chilli spices.

The 'finished' article with a few extras because I couldn't wrap my head around a meal where the only vegetable in sight was a few pieces of sliced onion.

Extras include tofu for protein (in from the start), whole solanto tomatoes, coriander, and some asparagus served over brown basmati rice. Apologies for the eggs, I'll poach them separately tomorrow and add them afterwards.

The 'finished' article with a few extras because I couldn't wrap my head around a meal where the only vegetable in sight was a few pieces of sliced onion.

Extras include tofu for protein (in from the start), whole solanto tomatoes, coriander, and some asparagus served over brown basmati rice. Apologies for the eggs, I'll poach them separately tomorrow and add them afterwards.
It looks gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom