What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salad, then some leftovers:

Just making Morning Glory 's Recipe - Egg curry and I'm not sure that my Kashmiri chili is as mild as MG's. I've made a triple version to have enough sauce for 3 nights (knowing my hubby it will only be 2).

I'm not sure why, but I was under the impression that Kashmiri chilli powder is mild chilli powder. I was careful with it and only put 1 level tsp in instead of 3 heaped teaspoons, but I think it might be gaining some coconut cream top take the heat away. My Kashmiri chilli powder says medium hot on it (read afterwards :rolleyes: ).

I've had to cook the eggs in situ because I forgot to hold on to any when I donated 7½ dozen to the food bank this morning, so my eggs are as fresh as they get, still warm from a chook sitting on them. And that means no hard boiled eggs because eggs that fresh just don't peel at all.

If I get chance for a decent plate/bowl shot, I'll try but given how today is working out, I may not get chance.

View attachment 92804
View attachment 92805
View attachment 92807

My Kashmiri chilli powder reads
View attachment 92806

Next time, I'll try ½tsp for 6 servings. Yes it is that hot and we're usually pretty good with chilli spices.

I'm honoured. As you say my recipe uses hard boiled eggs, so you have a rather different result. Kashmiri chilli powder is mild to medium whichever brand I get here. But who knows, maybe yours is hotter. You wouldn't want to taste the phal I made today if you found this hot though!

I'm honoured. As you say my recipe uses hard boiled eggs, so you have a rather different result. Kashmiri chilli powder is mild to medium whichever brand I get here. But who knows, maybe yours is hotter. You wouldn't want to taste the phal I made today if you found this hot though!

It is possible that it was the 8 red chillies I put in instead of the fresh green chillies your recipe used. I eat chili based stuff every day for lunch and an usually very good with chillies but maybe I'm having an off period. That said it was fine the next day.

I'm hoping to get out to our Vietnamese restaurant at the weekend and will order their laksa which is one of the hottest things on their menu. That will let me know if my tolerance has changed! Hubby will order something less spicy hot just in case.

Lunch today plus a few extras usually eaten earlier in the day, but today I was busy.

I might also treat myself and have some ice cream.

It is possible that it was the 8 red chillies I put in instead of the fresh green chillies your recipe used. I eat chili based stuff every day for lunch and an usually very good with chillies but maybe I'm having an off period. That said it was fine the next day.

I generally favour red chillis, be it Thai hot or Cayenne because I find the heat more consistant. However, occasionally my wife will buy a mixture of red and green Thai hots from the market. The greens that I've used in the past have been sphincter burning but the ones she brought home a couple of weeks ago were hardly warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom