What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I said that I'd never make our Thanksgiving meal again, BUT, I missed the Stuffing that I make, vegetables that we all like, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Apple Pie for DH and Mom, as well as Sweet Potato Pie for me. We might need to have a re-do :laugh:

I don't think that I'll ever make our Thanksgiving meal again.
See, and here you were worried that you weren’t going to like it!

My sister made green bean casserole yesterday, and only need to heat it up today -- which se forgot to do until I noticed it was missing. :laugh:
I think that happens almost every year. It happened here, and it was…the green bean casserole that got missed. :laugh:

We might need to have a re-do :laugh:
Oh, forget what I said earlier. :laugh:

Tapas (sliced French bread lightly toasted with butter), lettuce grass, smoked salmon, freshwater prawns (pan fried in butter), Marie Rose sauce, a dash of lime juice and a sprinkling of paprika).

I like the "lightly toasted" part, as soft toppings on really crunchy toast is hard to eat. You can't easily go wrong with buttered toast, either.

I've never had freshwater prawns (which are called prawns here if they come from freshwater). I've never seen them in stores or restaurants in Texas. I'd like to try them, if I ever come across them.

CD

I like the "lightly toasted" part, as soft toppings on really crunchy toast is hard to eat. You can't easily go wrong with buttered toast, either.

Virtually impossible to eat without making a hell of a mess (which I did anyway even with soft toast). I suppose making the tapas "bite sized" would work but that is more easily said than done, even with a gob as big as mine.

I've never had freshwater prawns (which are called prawns here if they come from freshwater). I've never seen them in stores or restaurants in Texas. I'd like to try them, if I ever come across them.

Fresh water prawns are the only prawns that we can buy here that are not frozen. I prefer salt water seafood but living in the boonies 500 km from the sea limits what is available.

Thanksgiving dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes (red, yellow potatoes, and turnip), glazed carrots, sautéed mushrooms, homemade cranberry & orange relish, green bean casserole, stuffing, brussels sprouts, creamed pearl onions, mashed sweet potatoes with praline topping, crescent roll, and homemade gravy.
Sparkling cranberry, apple cider, and Prosecco.

thanksgiving_dinner_112422_img_0329-jpg.jpg

Virtually impossible to eat without making a hell of a mess (which I did anyway even with soft toast). I suppose making the tapas "bite sized" would work but that is more easily said than done, even with a gob as big as mine.

Fresh water prawns are the only prawns that we can buy here that are not frozen. I prefer salt water seafood but living in the boonies 500 km from the sea limits what is available.

Saltwater Gulf shrimp here are frozen, too. I live 300 miles from the Gulf coast, so they have to be frozen. When I lived in Port Arthur, I could buy them fresh, right off the fishing boats. I could do that in Houston, too, sort of. The six months I lived in Houston, I would often buy fresh shrimp from this guy who sold them out of a van near my apartment. He had them in coolers full of ice and shrimp. I would pick them up on my way home from work, and they were caught that morning.

CD

I don't recall eating any shrimp/prawns in Hawaii.

CD
Maybe something like this:
Here are Our Favorite Shrimp Trucks on Oʻahu’s North Shore - Hawaii Magazine

My friend's husband was one the bio-ocean-whatever kinda guys that did loads of research on this and they started the freshwater shrimp farms out in Kahuku (just a coupla towns north from Kaneohe btw) way back when... I was thinking maybe like in the 80's ??
Anywhos, that's some good eats!
But I think I still like White Gulf Shrimp better :ohmy: *gasp*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom