What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotel bar lunch (the planned lunch at the only raw food cafe we know of in driving distance came unstuck)...

I had the pizza, hubby had the haloumi salad, we split the shoestring fries after knocking a tablespoon of sea salt off them. Hubby forgot to say no salt, and I hate it.

View attachment 92983

View attachment 92985

View attachment 92984

The pizza was OK. It needed 30sec-1min longer in the wood fired pizza oven which obviously would have also burnt it more than it was. Unfortunately the dough was almost cooked but not quite and the pizza toppings cold by the time the second slice was eaten. Shame because it had potential.

Hubby enjoyed his salad though.

I have to have salt on my fries, even with my sodium restrictions.

CD

Cheesy creamed turkey pasta:

I have to have salt on my fries, even with my sodium restrictions.

CD
I loath the taste of salt because I couldn't use toothpaste as a child, so they made me use salt instead! Yuck. The result is that I use very little salt period. I just can't stand the taste. This literally had a pile of seasalt flakes at the bottom of the bowl when we are done. It's one of the few changes from the UK to Australia that hubby hasn't yet adapted to. In the UK, they ask so you want salt and vinegar with that. In Australia they assume you want salt and don't ask at all, so hubby has to remember to say no salt and never does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom