What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20221105_214526.jpg

My son said:
"What do I need to buy so you can make a really HOT curry tonight? Chicken? Chiles? What else?"
Duly dispatched to Sainsbug´s. I make a south Indian style Chicken with cashews, a Keralan Chemeen pappas (shrimp in a coconut sauce) and aloo tamatar narial - potatoes and tomatoes with coconut.

Next round of the Picky Eater Challenge: "Why don't you make us a picnic lunch and we'll have a fun outing at a nature preserve? Oh, and a new restriction: no seeds or nuts."

I should have taken pictures but I was too busy trying to be charming. Poached mini-carrots tossed in rice vinegar, olive oil, and tarragon. Thin sliced raw fennel tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Both of those marinated for several hours before serving. Frittata of potato, red onion, and parsley, drizzled with fig balsamico. Brie and Havarti with an Italian loaf. Dr Konstantin Frank Gewurztraminer Winter Ferment to drink.

She brought some chocolates (dark only, she sneers at milk chocolate) for dessert, I brought some lemon bars (lemon curd baked in a graham cracker crust).

"If you can cook, you'll never have to learn how to dance."

Lunch was a local specialty that doesn’t get much attention, a Cincy steak sandwich:

View attachment 92190

Preformed seasoned steak patty, similar to a Salisbury steak from the old TV dinner days, on a roll with pizza sauce, cheese onions, and dill pickles.

One of my favorite stories is when MrsT sent a client to Philadelphia on vacation, and she mentioned the cheesesteaks there, and when the guy came back, he complained very strongly about ordering a steak sandwich and expecting his local Cincy version, and getting instead “a chopped up lunchmeat sandwich!” :laugh:
Cincy Steak Sandwich..say that 5 times quickly...

Technically these Halloween cookies that my daughter made were October meal, but in reality she ate them for days, as she made a big batch, and even after her friends ate, there were more. So, they tretched into November. I was in awe how beautifully she decorated them.

20221030_172311.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom