What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically these Halloween cookies that my daughter made were October meal, but in reality she ate them for days, as she made a big batch, and even after her friends ate, there were more. So, they tretched into November. I was in awe how beautifully she decorated them.
View attachment 92227

View attachment 92226
Those are perfect! Everything you just posted looks great.

Next round of the Picky Eater Challenge: "Why don't you make us a picnic lunch and we'll have a fun outing at a nature preserve? Oh, and a new restriction: no seeds or nuts."

I should have taken pictures but I was too busy trying to be charming. Poached mini-carrots tossed in rice vinegar, olive oil, and tarragon. Thin sliced raw fennel tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Both of those marinated for several hours before serving. Frittata of potato, red onion, and parsley, drizzled with fig balsamico. Brie and Havarti with an Italian loaf. Dr Konstantin Frank Gewurztraminer Winter Ferment to drink.

She brought some chocolates (dark only, she sneers at milk chocolate) for dessert, I brought some lemon bars (lemon curd baked in a graham cracker crust).

"If you can cook, you'll never have to learn how to dance."

Blimey The OMWC, you deserve a medal or something! Your menu sounds delicious, inventive, charming and thoughtful.

Did she like it though?

Blimey The OMWC, you deserve a medal or something! Your menu sounds delicious, inventive, charming and thoughtful.

Did she like it though?
My cooking is overcoming my lack of charm and good looks. Putting aside the fussy food preferences, I'm batting well above my league here.

I made a ratatouille. It's one that doesn't use the oven which I prefer when life is warmer outside (it has finally reach 20°C here today)...

(This one is aubergine, courgettes, red, green & yellow peppers, onion, tomato and tomato paste, with a generous helping of garlic, thyme and basil). This version had a whole jar of tomato paste in it because the lid of the jar was going mouldy, so it needed using is throwing.

I made a huge pot of it, so some will get frozen and we'll eat the rest this week.

Not having eaten lunch, I helped myself to a portion for photography purposes :D . It was great.

I'll probably serve it with pasta or rice and add some roasted soy duck for protein tonight.

I made a ratatouille. It's one that doesn't use the oven which I prefer when life is warmer outside (it has finally reach 20°C here today)...

View attachment 92252
(This one is aubergine, courgettes, red, green & yellow peppers, onion, tomato and tomato paste, with a generous helping of garlic, thyme and basil). This version had a whole jar of tomato paste in it because the lid of the jar was going mouldy, so it needed using is throwing.

I made a huge pot of it, so some will get frozen and we'll eat the rest this week.

Not having eaten lunch, I helped myself to a portion for photography purposes :D . It was great.

View attachment 92251

I'll probably serve it with pasta or rice and add some roasted soy duck for protein tonight.
It looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom