What did you cook or eat today (November 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner ( yeah I know) , other things are more important ATM.

Next round of the Picky Eater Challenge: "Why don't you make us a picnic lunch and we'll have a fun outing at a nature preserve? Oh, and a new restriction: no seeds or nuts."

I should have taken pictures but I was too busy trying to be charming. Poached mini-carrots tossed in rice vinegar, olive oil, and tarragon. Thin sliced raw fennel tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Both of those marinated for several hours before serving. Frittata of potato, red onion, and parsley, drizzled with fig balsamico. Brie and Havarti with an Italian loaf. Dr Konstantin Frank Gewurztraminer Winter Ferment to drink.

She brought some chocolates (dark only, she sneers at milk chocolate) for dessert, I brought some lemon bars (lemon curd baked in a graham cracker crust).

"If you can cook, you'll never have to learn how to dance."
I’d also like to predict that since you’ve covered the romantic evening dinner, the romantic outside picnic, that the romantic afternoon tea isn’t far behind! :okay:

Well, I didn’t want to presume too much! 🥓 🍳
One has to have goals, else what is life for?

Now, the fact that she's professionally successful, smart, tall, slender, leggy, pretty, and blonde doesn't enter into this at all. Nossir, this is purely about the culinary challenge. I am not influenced by these minor side issues.

I have a confession.

I had a McDonald's for lunch.

I am so sorry, I realise I have let you down, I've let Lullabelle down, but most of all I've let myself down. :(

TBH it was rank, and I won't be doing it again for a long time. If I could just buy the Big Mac sauce and put it on my own home made burgers then I would be a very happy bunny.

I have a confession.

I had a McDonald's for lunch.

I am so sorry, I realise I have let you down, I've let Lullabelle down, but most of all I've let myself down. :(

TBH it was rank, and I won't be doing it again for a long time. If I could just buy the Big Mac sauce and put it on my own home made burgers then I would be a very happy bunny.
Then why did you go? 😮

I was weak, and hungry and I thought it might have improved since I last went voluntarily 10 years ago.

I'm sorry :cry:
I have the same issue with McDonalds, somehow my memory largely overestimates how good the food tastes, and I always end up disappointed. And I don't even eat the burgers, I only like their chicken nuggets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom