What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight will be half of the fresh local squid we bought last week, green salad and potato wedges. The squid has had a week in the freezer so it should be tender. Pictures Tomorrow.
Mrs Blank is cleaning the squid so she gets the dibbs on cooking style. Jamie Oliver is a star here so she will do it his way without the lemons and parsley and subbing thai sweet chili sauce in the mayo.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSOiTlEkYU&t=6s&ab_channel=JamieOliver

I did a nice Autumn favorite, which is roasting cubed butternut with rosmary and lots of garlic, then puree-ing half with parmesan, adding to pasta and then adding remaining butternut squash, served hot. Only tip is use some pasta water with the puree'd squash so it thins and coats pasta. Was uber-yummy!

Last edited:
I did a nice Autumn favorite, which is roasting cubed butternut with rosmary and lots of garlic, then puree-ing half with parmesan, adding to pasta and then adding remaining butternut squash, served hot. Only tip is use some pasta water with the puree'd squash so it thins and coats pasta. Was uber-yummy!

That sounds delicious.

Do you reckon that makes a difference? I think I have some in the freezer.
Yes with octopus, cuttlefish and squid. When water freezes it expands breaking the up the internal tissue. One family member catches octopus here in the winter freezes it and sells it to the restaurants next tourist season. The octopus definitely does not need beating on a rock.

Red lamb stew (rogan josh) from the freezer with yellow aromatic rice and plain roast potatoes (from the air fryer).

Not as good as your tomato soup... just different.

CD

Ah ok, now I got it. I cannot get the point of it 🙃
Yep, we have different methods. French one uses a lot of butter/cream since it’s in their culture whilst we have olive oil in our veins 🙂
Even if in the North of Italy butter is a staple - but never in tomato sauce

Ok, I'll probably detail the day in the "Plans..." topic, but our first Christmas-themed afternoon tea:

Let's see...turkey sandwiches with cranberry-cream cheese spread, egg mayo croustades, bacon-gruyere-olive palmiers (I'll write those up for the challenge), little mini angel scones (which are yeasted scones), served with spiced whipped cream and plum butter, and cherry-chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (that's supposed to be a somewhat abstract interpretation of a poinsettia on top), and white-chocolate peppermint truffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom