What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salmon bagel with marinated red onion, Parmesan and dill mayo at a nearby café. They bake their own bagels with a good amount of seeds and bran. Tasted great with cappuccino.
49172 49173

Last edited:
Salmon bagel with marinated red onion, Parmesan and dill mayo at a nearby café. They bake their own bagels with a good amount of seeds and bran. Tasted great with cappuccino.
Seed & Bran in a bagel is sacrilege to a good Yiddish boy like me, far to healthy. What the fun if you cant krekhtsn to anyone who will listen about being blocked up
1603710176121.png

Lovely. You really need Christmas plates with that though.
Smart-azz! :laugh:

Tasters mate that really is superb, I cant imagine coming back from a walk with the dogs after shooting something (peasant or pheasant) flogging a servant. Then sitting down to your feast. A perfect afternoon in my book. Bravo!
Thanks! Even with all my pissin' and moanin' it was worth the effort. MrsT took a sampling over to our neighbors.

Puff Pastry Burrito. It's out there, but it actually tastes really good. It was huge, so I only ate half. I can warm the other half up in the oven tomorrow.

View attachment 49165

CD
That looks spectacular! I want that! I do have another sheet of pastry in the freezer...

Leftovers. Salad chicken kebabs and mash spuds. None left now. My friend who called in today has recently moved into his own unit at a rest home. He told me he was struggling with life. We talked and we're going out later in the week. I gave him two red Thai curries to take home and s meal of corned beef and carrots and cabbage. Went home happy.

Russ
You're a good friend, Russ.

Ok, I'll probably detail the day in the "Plans..." topic, but our first Christmas-themed afternoon tea:

Let's see...turkey sandwiches with cranberry-cream cheese spread, egg mayo croustades, bacon-gruyere-olive palmiers (I'll write those up for the challenge), little mini angel scones (which are yeasted scones), served with spiced whipped cream and plum butter, and cherry-chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (that's supposed to be a somewhat abstract interpretation of a poinsettia on top), and white-chocolate peppermint truffles.

Fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom