What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a little Italian take away. Here's vitello tonnato and caprese salad 😍

Last night was Jewish Penicillin. Haimisha Chicken soup mit lokshen, Chopped Turkey liver pate, Fruit Wellington with Vanilla ice cream . I put the chicken back in slow cooker added parsley root, celeriac, carrots and onions. Pass and place stock in the pan. Remove meat and skin from the carcass and chop. Do the same with the veg. Bring the stock to the boil add the lokshen just before it is cooked add the chicken and veg. You know its spot on when a schmaltz slick covers the surface.
You can use Duck, Chicken or Turkey for this, Hard boil and peel two eggs, Fry liver gently in lots of butter, you don't want to color it just cook it. Using a spatula clean the pan into your food processor, add the eggs and 2/3 spring onions. Blitz, we like it smooth my Dad like to see bits of egg and liver.
1603599912046.png
1603599947538.png
1603599967580.png
1603600020067.png
1603600040647.png

Lunch was eaten out rather unexpectedly. (I needed some trainers so that meant going out into the city center, then on to another shopping center to get some plants for the garden.)

The places is Japanese, but makes mostly Thai food! They have a separate vegan menu that is a select 1 option from each of the next 6 options. Each has 4 to 6 variables. Then there are a few separate options such as vegan pad Thai. Hubby had that, I had 'rice stick noodles, Blackbean sauce, Garlic and sweet basil spices, roasted cashew nuts with tofu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom