What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a soup that MrsT is flipping her lid over. No pics, because when I added the sour cream straight from the fridge, it broke, so the soup is ugly.

Browned some Mexican chorizo in my Dutch oven, took that out, sautéed onions and my last cubanelle peppers, then a little garlic.

Added flour, cumin, and black pepper, cooked that for a few minutes, then in with broth, corn, black beans (I had some in the fridge), and potatoes.

Once the potatoes were cooked through, added the meat back, along with some sour cream. That was it.

Here's how much she liked it:

"I really like this! I mean, I really like this!"

"Well, we're supposed to have pork and sauerkraut tomorrow...but we can have this again if you like."

"Yeah, that sounds great!"

:eek:

I don't like tarragon either. Always substitute basil

Dinner tonight was crab stuffed shrimp and mushrooms, with puff pastry bites of spicy cranberry relish and brie. Dessert will be pain au chocolat.

View attachment 49292
Have you thought of sending an entry to the puff pastry challenge medtran49? Cranberry & brie sounds like a lovely combination.

Last nights dinner. Swiss cheese and hamburger bacon omelette with a green salad dressed in yogurt, oil and grated licka cheese.
1603860215189.png

Lamb roast for me at my local, mr7 had chicken sliders and was too full for free dessert. Too much fizzy and crisps in the pub with me. My friend said he's learning young,lol.
$360 car bill for heater hose replacements. Great day with my friend who has been depressed. Left him in a good mood.

Russ

Made a soup that MrsT is flipping her lid over. No pics, because when I added the sour cream straight from the fridge, it broke, so the soup is ugly.

Browned some Mexican chorizo in my Dutch oven, took that out, sautéed onions and my last cubanelle peppers, then a little garlic.

Added flour, cumin, and black pepper, cooked that for a few minutes, then in with broth, corn, black beans (I had some in the fridge), and potatoes.

Once the potatoes were cooked through, added the meat back, along with some sour cream. That was it.

Here's how much she liked it:

"I really like this! I mean, I really like this!"

"Well, we're supposed to have pork and sauerkraut tomorrow...but we can have this again if you like."

"Yeah, that sounds great!"

:eek:

So you didn't follow a recipe and improvised? Very unusual for you! And it worked. You should write it up as a proper recipe...

Not to mention the cranberries were spicy because of the ghost pepper in them.

That is a great idea.

Coincidentally I rescued from home-made cranberry sauce from the freezer yesterday with a view to making something with cheese & puff pastry for the Recipe Challenge. Now it will look like I've copied medtran49!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom