What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A6B92AC3-C28C-42CC-9123-FB96D7804643.jpeg

One condition that has not existed in my house in a long time is not having any kimchi. I always have some on hand. I had to start a new batch because I was nearly out. The adorable pinky sized Serrano peppers that were growing in my garden are done for the year, so I had to get a boring one from the market. See the piece of pepper? There’s a lot of that.

This was a gigantic pepper, the size of a small carrot. Those are actually diakon radish, tricked into pink coloring by my use of a beet. The beet is bleeding nicely into everything else.. I also used shredded brussels sprouts…with a lot of ginger. My mouth is burning, but I still love the flavor.

Last edited:
Yorkers mate is the pope a catholic. I was brought up in an era probably like you not to waste anything. We also cook meals so there are "left overs" or twofers.

The image I posted above isn't left overs as such. I cooked the cabbage and potatoes then mashed them and put the result in the fridge for a day or two.

You tried mint sauce with the cabbage, it's good.

Russ
Mate I could eat a plate of roast pots and cabbage with mint sauce on there own as long as there is lashings of gravy . A dysfunctional family of three planning dinner. Whats for dinner tonight ? Well hubby dear, Its steak pudding chips and greens, ooooooh I can't wait. Hubby returns from work. Wifee put the plate infront of him. Oooooh steak pudding....ooooooh chips.......oooh wheres the cabbage ? Hubby darling he's not home from school yet.

Mate I could eat a plate of roast pots and cabbage with mint sauce on there own as long as there is lashings of gravy . A dysfunctional family of three planning dinner. Whats for dinner tonight ? Well hubby dear, Its steak pudding chips and greens, ooooooh I can't wait. Hubby returns from work. Wifee put the plate infront of him. Oooooh steak pudding....ooooooh chips.......oooh wheres the cabbage ? Hubby darling he's not home from school yet.

Mrs. Thatcher at lunch with her cabinet.

Waiter: "Mrs. Thatcher, what would you like to order?"

Mrs. T: "I'd like the steak please"

Waiter: "And the vegetables?"

Mrs. T: "They'll have the same as me!"

The image I posted above isn't left overs as such. I cooked the cabbage and potatoes then mashed them and put the result in the fridge for a day or two.

Burt Blank : I had some close to the sell-by-date so you have encouraged me to cook potatoes and cabbage (and onions) today for bubble and squeak/colcannon/rumbledethumps at the weekend. So that's three dishes I'm cooking today.

Cooling down for the fridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom