What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to see a jar at the supermarket recently. The flavor is basically what you'd expect from a dill pickle. I have to say, I prefer okra with this pickling mix over boring old cucumbers.

View attachment 49385

caseydog: have you had these (or similar)? And, as our lone representative (that I know of) from the Lone Star State, with the pandemic, the election, and all the other issues going on in our country, are they still the Talk of Texas?

I have not actually had them. I see them in the store in the pickle section, but never bought any. I never hear people talk about them, but I live in the burbs. I would imagine they are more popular out in the country.

CD

1 pm so felt hungry, shrooms with an egg, one the wife cracked opening the other day. On toast

Filled the gap!

Russ

It's mid morning here, that beer looks out of place!

Russ
When we go to the monthly sausage buffet, we start drinking beer at 10AM. We also have a breakfast place we like called Hangover Easy which is an old-style diner with a full service bar, and they specialize in beers and cocktails that match your breakfast (like recommending stout with your bowl of oatmeal).

When we go to the monthly sausage buffet, we start drinking beer at 10AM. We also have a breakfast place we like called Hangover Easy which is an old-style diner with a full service bar, and they specialize in beers and cocktails that match your breakfast (like recommending stout with your bowl of oatmeal).

On the teardrop camper gathers I went to, just about everyone started drinking in the morning, right after breakfast. :cheers:

CD

I don't drink until 9pmish. If I go to the pub I might start around 3.30pm. If we have friends over on Saturday I start around 6ish. Never in the morning.

Russ

I don't drink until 9pmish. If I go to the pub I might start around 3.30pm. If we have friends over on Saturday I start around 6ish. Never in the morning.

Russ

I never made a regular practice of it, but at times, it works. I won't say no to a Mimosa or two with a big breakfast. :drink:

CD

I never made a regular practice of it, but at times, it works. I won't say no to a Mimosa or two with a big breakfast. :drink:

CD
I was just about to add that Sundays are usually breakfast with drinks around here: mimosas, bellinis, fuzzy navels, screwdrivers, whatever we have on hand.

I was just about to add that Sundays are usually breakfast with drinks around here: mimosas, bellinis, fuzzy navels, screwdrivers, whatever we have on hand.

When I travel by air on a morning flight, I usually have a screwdriver or two before the flight, or if I'm in first class or economy-plus, I get a couple on the plane. I'm not afraid of flying, I just don't like it, anymore. It stresses me out, especially when I'm in five cities in three states in a week.

Back on topic, I had a couple of sausage patties on biscuits for breakfast. No mimosas or screwdrivers.

(I was feeling the presence of a Morning Glory. It's like being in a haunted house -- you don't see any ghosts, but you have a feeling they are there)

CD

Thank to that great Croatian Explorer from Korcula Marco Polo, we can buy very good locally made pasta here. I like this ribbon because it has grooves . The sauce is easy, I brown the veal mince with onions, garlic, local tomatoes and two ice cubes of home made veal bones & chicken back stock.Veal has a very light flavor so I don't want to obscure it with a heavy tomato goo. I season lightly with pepper only when plated. I still have some of the large chunk of ewe cheese we bought from Licka. I like to us this to enhance the savory flavor. NB the sauce was simmered for 2 hour.
1604032841609.png

This is the only spirit I have had regularly (about 3 times a month) for 22 yrs. In the Balkans it is classed as a breakfast tonic. The white liquid is home stilled Rakija. Good stuff is 55 to 60%. You just add it to herbs and keep for as long as you can. Home made hooch is legal here, selling it is not. Outside the towns every one does.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0AMviVIjDw&ab_channel=Snagabilja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom