What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just steamed clementines to make a revised version of my citrus cake. I also bought 2 kg of boneless, deskinned Norwegian salmon for a creamy salmon soup (the price for the boneless salmon was only 7,99€/kg today in a local supermarket, yay). I'll post pics and recipes later.

A little lockdown baking.
Pork and apple sausage rolls. Rustic and homemade.

When we go to the monthly sausage buffet, we start drinking beer at 10AM. We also have a breakfast place we like called Hangover Easy which is an old-style diner with a full service bar, and they specialize in beers and cocktails that match your breakfast (like recommending stout with your bowl of oatmeal).
I looked it up, and found that Hangover Easy has 4 locations, all in Ohio. I like some of the names they use for dishes, such as the Walk of Shame (Sausage, bacon, melted American cheese, fried egg, on a grilled glazed buckeye donut)

Friends called round for a catch up. AT 5.30, my wife jacked it up, 5.30 who does that? She said they are only calling in for an hour, Denise is notorious for lateness and getting drunk and not going home. All of the above which I told my wife would happen. They had cheese platter. I didn't feel like any. They left at 11pm. I had a cold can of baked beans. Few quick rums then into bed. This WONT happen again. It was a funny evening though.

Russ

Here's the salmon soup of today (recipe link).
lo_9_.png

And the clementine cake (recipe link).
cl_13.jpg

I had a cup of coffee and a Karelian pie/pirog with egg and butter in a café early this morning (while waiting to get my hands on the limited batch of discount salmon). I noticed these apple meringue cakes in the showcase and just had to buy a couple despite baking plans.
om_3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom