What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that is the reason it is called a standing rib roast, but you do cook it with the bone side down. I had a two rib piece today. It took some work to get it to stand up, but it stood up for the entire cooking time.

CD
Every day is, indeed, a school day! :facepalm:

That looks awesome! Did you just stew it, or did you finish it another way?

Thank you!
I’ve just stewed it with those flavours, as soon as it was cooked, I’ve left it to rest for 1 h 1/2
I’ve posted the recipe in the Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge if you want to see the recipe

I’ve made baked potato croquettes and one of my fave ways to make beef rolls: stuffed with egg, pine nuts and raisins - Neapolitan-style cooking

Last edited:
A good point, well made. I still think he's pulling my chain. That photo has 'Photoshop' written all over it.
Well, if I'm pulling your chain, I've enlisted the help of Amazon, because that's where you can get your very own pair:

https://www.amazon.com/Y-Style-Shirt-Stays-Adjustable-Clothiers/dp/B08JNNB5M4

I suppose, if I must, I can post a pic of me and my shirt suspenders, sporting a smooth shirttail, taut socks, and Grable-esque gams. :eek: :whistling:

I don't know if that is the reason it is called a standing rib roast, but you do cook it with the bone side down. I had a two rib piece today. It took some work to get it to stand up, but it stood up for the entire cooking time.

CD
I usually do a two-bone one, and it stands up ok. That's our go-to Christmas Day lunch.

Well, if I'm pulling your chain, I've enlisted the help of Amazon, because that's where you can get your very own pair:

https://www.amazon.com/Y-Style-Shirt-Stays-Adjustable-Clothiers/dp/B08JNNB5M4

I suppose, if I must, I can post a pic of me and my shirt suspenders, sporting a smooth shirttail, taut socks, and Grable-esque gams. :eek: :whistling:

I usually do a two-bone one, and it stands up ok. That's our go-to Christmas Day lunch.

Mine wanted to fall down, so I had to use some onions to level it.

CD

Last night we had tacos. Had some Mexican chorizo and Cochinita Pibil left in one of the freezers. I made some salsa last week and guac yesterday. Pan toasted some small flour tortillas. The top one is the chorizo and the bottom is the Pibil. Also had queso fresco and sour cream as condiments.

36788-albums1111-picture8437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom