What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was fish chowder.

full.jpg

2 packs of 10 sausages taken out of freezer, daughter bringing chops and d.i.l chicken skewers. Nice day for a bbq, kids can play outside.
I will make a salad and pot of mash spuds, beetroot from pantry home bottled.
School holidays this week and following week.
Radishes and spring onions from our garden for the salad.

Russ

Oktoberfest today, so we had a big pretzel, potato pancakes, German egg rolls, a brat with kraut (her), a mett with kraut (me), a piece of seven-layer chocolate mouse cake (me), and a piece of Black Forest cake (her), along with the required beer.

Here's my cake:

Oktoberfest today, so we had a big pretzel, potato pancakes, German egg rolls, a brat with kraut (her), a mett with kraut (me), a piece of seven-layer chocolate mouse cake (me), and a piece of Black Forest cake (her), along with the required beer.

Here's my cake:
View attachment 72249
What's a mett?

Here's my crockpot "roasted" chicken.

It was cooked coated in Creole seasonings and lemon pepper, then I added some cumin to the exterior. I shredded some dark meat for the tostadas and took the chicken skin and broiled it to a crispy bacon-like texture.

We eat late around here, it's almost 10 p.m EST.

Here's my crockpot "roasted" chicken.
View attachment 72268

It was cooked coated in Creole seasonings and lemon pepper, then I added some cumin to the exterior. I shredded some dark meat for the tostadas and took the chicken skin and broiled it to a crispy bacon-like texture.

View attachment 72269

We eat late around here, it's almost 10 p.m EST.

I’m on my third gin by then,lol,

Russ

My first attempt at a rösti.

Grated potato and chopped onion.

Fried in butter with a pan fried duck egg.

I need to re-look at the recipe (what there is of it). Could maybe benefit from a little flour or an egg mixed in before frying?

My wife surprised me last week,she found mango ice cream, my fave.it won’t be coming out tonight with family here,lol

Russ
My wife surprised me last week,she found mango ice cream, my fave.it won’t be coming out tonight with family here,lol

Russ
You rascal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom