What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bread did not turn out that great. S number if possible reasons.
After toasting each slice in the oven,it will be edible.
That is ok. I learn.😎
Meatloaf, cucs, leftover potato for lunch.
Lively hokkaido for dessert,with dairy whipped ready bought cream and cinnamon.

IMG_20211003_123714.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_123322.jpg
    IMG_20211003_123322.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 248
My bread did not turn out that great. S number if possible reasons.
After toasting each slice in the oven,it will be edible.
That is ok. I learn.😎
Meatloaf, cucs, leftover potato for lunch.
Lively hokkaido for dessert,with dairy whipped ready bought cream and cinnamon.
View attachment 72313

View attachment 72314

View attachment 72315View attachment 72316 View attachment 72315
Breadmaking can be challenging for sure, especially when using difficult or unusual types of flour. And sometimes it can be as simple as a change of humidity. I only work with basic white flour making bread, I can't imagine how much more effort it must take using spelt, whole grain, and other types of flour. I did make some pumpernickel rye last month that turned out pretty good.

Which, the "everything" bagel seasoning mix? It's sesame seeds (both black and white), dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, poppyseed, and salt.

https://www.vitacost.com/simple-truth-organic-everything-bagel-seasoning-blend?CSRC=BPA-011110611369-bing_pla_pro_medium_food+&+beverages_NEW2021-&network=s&keywordname=&device=c&adid=92700064904997624&matchtype=e&gclick=&ds_agid=58700007234281159&targetid=&msclkid=79e8bb499f5113bdec5cda1156926e8d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing_pla_pro_medium_food & beverages_NEW2021&utm_term=4581115208371003&utm_content=bing_pla_pro_medium_food & beverages_seasonings & spices_tarragon&gclid=79e8bb499f5113bdec5cda1156926e8d&gclsrc=3p.ds

If I would have had a packet of dried French onion soup mix, I could have made some regular French onion dip myself, but it wouldn't have been the same as Lawson's, which is just the best around here in Akron, OH. It's only sold at Circle K convenience stores for some reason.

Lawson's French Onion Chip Dip:
View attachment 72244

And of course in the US our "chips" are actually crisps.
Lawson’s French Onion Dip - YUM! Whenever I had to travel to my employer’s corporate offices in WI, there was always a request to bring a few containers with me. That was a few years ago.. I am going to have to see if any stores in NW Ohio still carry it. Thanks for the story!

Lawson’s French Onion Dip - YUM! Whenever I had to travel to my employer’s corporate offices in WI, there was always a request to bring a few containers with me. That was a few years ago.. I am going to have to see if any stores in NW Ohio still carry it. Thanks for the story!
I am pretty sure Circle K stores throughout the state have it.

Edited to add this from the Circle K website:
"Lawson’s Original Chip Dip has been around for 75 years and the recipe is still the same and it’s only available at Circle K in OH, PA, MI, Lawrenceburg, IN and Northern KY."

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Circle K stores throughout the state have it.

Edited to add this from the Circle K website:
"Lawson’s Original Chip Dip has been around for 75 years and the recipe is still the same and it’s only available at Circle K in OH, PA, MI, Lawrenceburg, IN and Northern KY."
I have not tried it, but the next time I pass a Circle K (we have them around here, just not that many), I'll stop in and get a tub or five.

I have not tried it, but the next time I pass a Circle K (we have them around here, just not that many), I'll stop in and get a tub or five.
I like it better than Heluva, which is pretty good. And it's much better than Smith's, too.

I had a thick slice of roasted crockpot chicken breast with melted provolone cheese and crispy bacon on a toasted bun slathered with mayonnaise and mustard and some fresh garden lettuce. It was yummy!

Mayonnaise and mustard? Yikes! That's like ketchup and pickles.

Today's meal was a quickie, - a microwaved baked potato, 6 minutes on a side. Then I added cayenne pepper sauce, sour cream and black pepper. This is a repeat for sure. I like a baked potato every now and then. I was up and about at 2:00am and went for groceries at 5:30am, getting back to put them away, a couple hours later. This day already needs a nap.

full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom