What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love going to baseball games, but hate watching them on TV. It is so slow on TV, and it's just not the same without the crowds, the hot dogs and peanuts, and the $15 dollar beers. :laugh:

CD
I agree with you, but DH now does not wish to be in large cities nor crowds, so ...

Poached salmon on top of veggies with a homemade white wine, butter herb reduction sauce on top.
1000002490.jpg

I love hoagies. Just wish I could get the Amoroso's bread.

Looks like a possible clash here. The Texas Rangers are in the ALCS, and the Phillies are in the NLCS. The winners face each other in the World Series.

I am glad the Phillies beat Atlanta. I hate them.

One way or another, there will be a Texas Team in the World Series. Hopefully the Rangers, but if not, it will be the Astros. That didn't go well for Philly last year.

CD

Astros 7 in a row. How do I know. A friend in Texas puts it up on fb.
I kinds follow them now.

Russ

Wins isn't it??

Russ

The World Series is a best of seven series, so you need four wins. But first, the Astros have to play the Rangers in a Best of Seven series, and the Phillies have to play the Arizona Diamondbacks in a best of seven series. The winners of the Rangers/Astros series play the winners of the Phillies/Diamondbacks series in the World Series.

Right now, the Rangers and the Diamondbacks are the only undefeated teams in this year's playoffs. The Astros and the Phillies each lost a game.

1697246025388.png

The Astros won the World Series last year.

CD

I just popped a beef and sausage meatloaf on the smoker with some hickory wood. If it works out as usual, I'll keep you posted.

CD

OMG, every once in a while, I experience cooking nirvana. Hopefully you do, too. It happened tonight. The absolute best smoked meatloaf I have ever cooked.

I used the same beef and pork sausage mix I used for the stuffed peppers for the peppers challenge, but made a loaf, let it firm up overnight, and smoked it with some hickory wood. I put a sweet/hot bbq glaze on it near the end of the cook.

Here is what it looks like. The smoke ring is bright red. I already ate almost half of it. :laugh:

1697250930536.jpeg

And, here is my happy dance. :dance::dance::dance:

CD

OMG, every once in a while, I experience cooking nirvana. Hopefully you do, too. It happened tonight. The absolute best smoked meatloaf I have ever cooked.

I used the same beef and pork sausage mix I used for the stuffed peppers for the peppers challenge, but made a loaf, let it firm up overnight, and smoked it with some hickory wood. I put a sweet/hot bbq glaze on it near the end of the cook.

Here is what it looks like. The smoke ring is bright red. I already ate almost half of it. :laugh:

View attachment 105852

And, here is my happy dance. :dance::dance::dance:

CD
That’s gonna make a good sandwich tomorrow…if there’s any left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom