What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

View attachment 32104

Shropshire Fidget Pie. I need to work on the construction because it all fell apart on cutting open , hence it looks a bit of a mess. However, the taste was really good. Layers of gammon, onions and apples in a cider sauce, topped with wholegrain mustard and honey mashed potato.
Now that's my kind of meal!

What do you think went wrong?

Ever since Kroger started carrying vacuum-sealed shelf-stable gnocchi, I stopped making it. :)

Yours looks fantastic, BTW.

They tasted like mashed potatoes with flour added. I think they were maybe initially too "runny" and needed more flour, but that shouldn't affect the flavour. Even the sauce didn't seem to add any noticeable additional flavour.

Maybe I'm just not a gnocchi person.

I didn't get a picture, but I just got back from my new favorite grocery store, and I fixed myself a plate of trail bologna, Amish pickles, Wisconsin brick cheese, German mustard, Shearer's sour cream and onion potato chips, and some cheddar popcorn, along with a beer.

About to have a bit of pumpkin Swiss roll to finish out my snack.

A Swiss roll, but made with pumpkin cake instead of chocolate cake, or think of a jam roly-poly, but with cream filling instead of jam, and pumpkin cake instead of yellow cake.

OK - I don't think I know about pumpkin cake. But I assume its like carrot cake only using pumpkin instead of carrot.

OK - I don't think I know about pumpkin cake. But I assume its like carrot cake only using pumpkin instead of carrot.
More like a standard yellow sponge, but flavored with pumpkin purée and pumpkin spices.

It's officially pumpkin spice everything season right now. Walking through the store, it was pumpkin spice this and that, in every aisle.

Back
Top Bottom