What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

I found a few minutes this evening to make a second sauce to replace the one we had to throw away last night after my husband's failed attempt at 'follow step 2 & 3 of this recipe, then serve'. I had thought that that was clear. 5 or 6 ingredients including water in that number but somewhere somehow... so to safeguard actually being able to eat something other than toast, bread, bread, for my 3 meals yesterday followed by toast and bread for my first 2 today, I thought I'd do the recipe for the cashew nut cheese sauce to throw over the pumpkin gnocchi with vegan sausages. Given I've lived off bread or toast of the same bread since the upgrade, it didn't live long enough on my plate to get photographed, sorry. :hungry:

Fresh salmon patties from the leftover salmon salade Nicoise. Egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, lemon zest, lemon pepper. Served with grilled asparagus, sliced roma tomatoes & Dijon dressing.

Juniper potato pancake with fried egg, fried sage & urfa flakes -

fullsizeoutput_5212.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_520f.jpeg

Too hot to cook. Ordering Chinese for delivery. Mushroom, green bean chicken, honey walnut shrimp and chow mein. I have a few shrimp egg rolls in the freezer.

Busy morning in the kitchen. Shoulder of lamb prepped and now cooking sous vide for lunch tomorrow - 30 hours @ 60 degC. Two duck legs (going quack in Bookers yesterday) in a dry rub for 24 hours. Will confit in the sous vide tomorrow when the lamb comes out. Shropshire Fidget Pie made, ready to put in the oven tonight. Hope it tastes better than it looks. Recipe and pics to follow, if it works out!

Busy morning in the kitchen. Shoulder of lamb prepped and now cooking sous vide for lunch tomorrow - 30 hours @ 60 degC. Two duck legs (going quack in Bookers yesterday) in a dry rub for 24 hours. Will confit in the sous vide tomorrow when the lamb comes out. Shropshire Fidget Pie made, ready to put in the oven tonight. Hope it tastes better than it looks. Recipe and pics to follow, if it works out!

Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom