What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBQ chicken with a local small chain's sauce, greens and baked sweet potatoes.

Looks like a beautiful day tasty.

Russ
It poured this morning, but turned into a nice day. It's 7PM and 81F/27C now.

That bowl on the grill has a bit of the vinaigrette from the salad in it. As soon as the steaks came off the grill, they got plopped right in the dressing to get a little extra flavor.

Last edited:
Banana Cream Pie
Graham cracker crust
View attachment 45893

View attachment 45894
Baked and cooled the crust
Made the custard (egg yolks, coconut milk, half n half, sugar, corn starch, butter, vanilla)
After cooling the crust, a thin layer of custard, layer of bananas and then thick layer of custard)
View attachment 45895
In the fridge for the pie to cool, thicken and “set”
Whipped the cream and topped the pieView attachment 45896
Will post a pic of a piece of pie when we serve it.
Pictures aren’t as pretty as others post on here but, it sure tasted good as I sampled during cooking process 😎

I'm not big into sweets, but I like banana creme pie, as well as chocolate creme pie. Of course, they have to have graham cracker crusts. I am allergic to bananas, raw, but as long as they get cooked at some point in a recipe, I'm okay. Don't have any idea what makes the difference.

CD

So far breakfast has been the best option for meals here (in hospital). They don't actually have a vegan option on the menu or a dairy free option but they do have halal, Kosher, Lactose free, gluten free, Sugar free, low salt, and vegetarian. Sadly selecting vegetarian and lactose-free does not get me anywhere because I'm not intolerant to lactose, I'm allergic (anaphylaxis) to dairy proteins. And it goes without saying that the ingredients even to such things as "soft wholemeal rolls" are easily available. Alarm bells always ring when the words soft and bread are involved. Milk or milk powder are often involved in bread making sadly.

So lunch was a hit and miss job. Unsurprisingly the Chunky vegetable soup contained dairy so I was given a salad sandwich (uninspiring and not eaten), a mixed bean salad and a 'tossed garden side salad)... I suspect I'll be very hungry before evening meal because the bean salad won't have contained much in the way of protein.

So far breakfast has been the best option for meals here (in hospital). They don't actually have a vegan option on the menu or a dairy free option but they do have halal, Kosher, Lactose free, gluten free, Sugar free, low salt, and vegetarian. Sadly selecting vegetarian and lactose-free does not get me anywhere because I'm not intolerant to lactose, I'm allergic (anaphylaxis) to dairy proteins. And it goes without saying that the ingredients even to such things as "soft wholemeal rolls" are easily available. Alarm bells always ring when the words soft and bread are involved. Milk or milk powder are often involved in bread making sadly.

So lunch was a hit and miss job. Unsurprisingly the Chunky vegetable soup contained dairy so I was given a salad sandwich (uninspiring and not eaten), a mixed bean salad and a 'tossed garden side salad)... I suspect I'll be very hungry before evening meal because the bean salad won't have contained much in the way of protein.

Get well soon dear Satnav. Thinking of you 🙏

There only one thing better than hot roast chicken, cold roast chicken.

I love leftover cold fried chicken or Buffalo wings. I generally snack on them during the day -- not make a meal from them. But, as I've posted before, I often just "graze" during the day, instead of eating three meals.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom